Skip Coupling Adaptor

Discussion of Rolling Stock related topics should go here
Post Reply
ianfolland

Skip Coupling Adaptor

Post by ianfolland » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:42 am

In the files section of the FR Yahoo group there's a photograph of coupling adaptors that the FR use. I thought I'd knock one up for my skips so that they can be coupled directly to Accucraft choppers.

So, the mk 1 version looks like this, made from some scrap from an etched brass kit:


Image

It slips over the end of a Binnie skip:


Image


And can be coupled to a normal chopper, even those attached to bogie vehicles without derailing the skip:


Image


Image

The last picture shows a skip coupled to a Slaters Hudson bogie which has a modified Accucraft chopper fitted:


Image

When I have a spare five minutes I'll make another for the other end of my raft of skips, but fitted with a chopper (my line is end to end and vehicle couplings only have a chopper at one end).

Pendo Pilot

Post by Pendo Pilot » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:40 am

Very nice indeed (& lovely pics). Really neat idea, I may have to try the same however with higher dumb buffer.

MoelygestLR

Post by MoelygestLR » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:28 pm

Again, Love the idea, have been thinking about something like that myself for a while but to fit to centre buffer stock.

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director
Posts: 4336
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:16 pm
Location: Shropshire, England

Post by mhlr » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:16 am

Fantastic, very neat! I'll also have to have a go at some point as mine always detail with larger locos or larger stock.
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests