Another Carriage Scratchbuild for laalratty
-
METHSSNIFFER
You will find when you put your seating in and tables that this will add to the strengtht and if you put cross braces on your roof this will add further strenght to it. If you wanted to go that extra mile you could use a second layer of ply with internal detail scored upon it and glue to the inside.
Are you goin to use the brandbright method of forming the ducks
Are you goin to use the brandbright method of forming the ducks
-
laalratty
The duckets will be the one thing my dad will make, he carves them from a single piece of balsa wood. I might put roof cross braces in as well but I think a top rail was good in this particular case because of the large windows. Normally with my coaches the tables/seats/partitions are enough to keep the sides rigid
-
METHSSNIFFER
-
laalratty
I've slowly carried on with attaching the beading, and I've just about done the first side and have started on the other side. Certainly it is really starting to look like Ffestiniog van 5

My dad has also manufactured a pair of guards duckets, although these will be fitted later. They will also have some beading to be attached to them, and there will be some on the ends to. Then there is also the interior to design and build. So although it is coming on quite well this carriage isn't going to be finished for a while!

My dad has also manufactured a pair of guards duckets, although these will be fitted later. They will also have some beading to be attached to them, and there will be some on the ends to. Then there is also the interior to design and build. So although it is coming on quite well this carriage isn't going to be finished for a while!
-
laalratty
After a week of chaos here that wasn't conductive to carriage building, this weekend has seen quite a jump with the Van 5

Seats in on one side...

The seat assemblies for the other side

Then all the seats were glued in, and the second side attached

It is now begining to look quite complete, indeed there are just the tables to fit to just about complete the interior, and the guards duckets for the exterior before the long process of painting can begin

Seats in on one side...

The seat assemblies for the other side

Then all the seats were glued in, and the second side attached

It is now begining to look quite complete, indeed there are just the tables to fit to just about complete the interior, and the guards duckets for the exterior before the long process of painting can begin
-
MoelygestLR
-
laalratty
I did during my gap year, indeed I almost built a rake of coaches for PTLR cecil but for one reason or another it didn't happen and I havn't got time to do commsions now, although if somebody wants me to build something I will consider it (especially if its something I've already built)MoelygestLR wrote:in all seriousness have you ever considered taking on commisions, i wish i could build something like that, and I possibly (massive possibility) could if i had the time but I dont.
-
METHSSNIFFER
-
LMS-Jools
- TonyW
- Driver

- Posts: 1357
- Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:25 am
- Location: North Wales
- Contact:
Me too! The problem I have with wood is that you can't solder it...MoelygestLR wrote:... i wish i could build something like that ...
Tony Willmore
Rhos Helyg Locomotive Works: http://www.rhoshelyg.me.uk
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RhosHelygLocoWorks
Rhos Helyg Locomotive Works: http://www.rhoshelyg.me.uk
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RhosHelygLocoWorks
-
laalratty
-
MoelygestLR
-
laalratty
- Dr. Bond of the DVLR
- Retired Director

- Posts: 4533
- Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 pm
- Location: Suffolk
- Contact:
- Dr. Bond of the DVLR
- Retired Director

- Posts: 4533
- Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 pm
- Location: Suffolk
- Contact:
-
MTA
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests


