So yesterday after removing 8 nuts and 32 'Pop' rivets it ended up like this.
After removing the paint from the carriage body a piercing saw was used to alter it. With the aid of Peter Jones's excellent white metal head light castings it looked like this.
The carriage is held together by soldering and shouldered nuts soldered to the body for the parts that need to come apart. Creating a shoulder on a nut.
Nuts soldered in place.
The carriage body in undercoat.
Painted and assembled.
Its appearance will be improved with some lining I think.
I now have to think of an engine, steam I hope but maybe electric.
While looking through my BSA box I came across these wheels. In the dim and distant when Mamod wheels wore out some of us fitted steel tyres to them. The axle on the left have tyres fitted on the right not and a tyre blank.
I also came across enough bits to assemble the following. The frames are brass replacement ones, that were sometimes used in 'Mamod Bashing'.
Regards Tony.


