A New Project...............

Discussion of Rolling Stock related topics should go here
MDLR

A New Project...............

Post by MDLR » Sat May 08, 2010 4:06 pm

The MDLR took delivery of its latest coach today - a new saloon for the Directors.

(Actually, it's a Brandbright kit, but don't go telling everybody - they'll all want one!)

The detail is absolutely STAGGERING......... Here are the table tops.......

Image

The side seats (there are armchairs as well..........)

Image

The inside of the observation end..................

Image

Image

Interior side panel (one of three layers of ply)

Image

The outside of the observation end, with the outer layer just laid on the middle layer.........

Image

I can't wait to get started! Livery will be Burmese Teak on the outside and Antique Pine on the inside, with the table tops and toilet pan lid in red mahogany.............

taliesin001

Post by taliesin001 » Sat May 08, 2010 4:11 pm

Wow, that looks great, the amount of detail that is on that is amazing. Can't wait to see your progress. :D

Narrow Minded

Post by Narrow Minded » Sat May 08, 2010 4:17 pm

"Bootiful" - very nice indeed! The railway must be better off than the directors are letting on!! :D

User avatar
Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Retired Director
Retired Director
Posts: 4533
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 pm
Location: Suffolk
Contact:

Post by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Sat May 08, 2010 4:27 pm

Good god! That looks stunning. I like the table top ideas etc.
Which kit is it from Brandbright and how much will it cost?
Image
The railway which people forgot
(to build)

MDLR

Post by MDLR » Sat May 08, 2010 5:10 pm

It's a Brandbright PS22 and with wheels, axles and couplings (which are, of course, extra) and P&P it's come out at a smidgeon over £74.

User avatar
Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Retired Director
Retired Director
Posts: 4533
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 pm
Location: Suffolk
Contact:

Post by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Sat May 08, 2010 5:32 pm

Ah right, I'll make my own then drawing inspiration from this one!
Image
The railway which people forgot
(to build)

Sir haydn

Post by Sir haydn » Sat May 08, 2010 6:01 pm

Im going to get me one o' these. A directors coach to go with my contractors loco :)

MDLR

Post by MDLR » Sat May 08, 2010 8:00 pm

If you want to look at the kit tomorrow, you'll be welcome (so long as you don't lose any of it - there's an awful lot of it!)

laalratty

Re: A New Project...............

Post by laalratty » Sat May 08, 2010 8:40 pm

MDLR wrote: (Actually, it's a Brandbright kit, but don't go telling everybody - they'll all want one!)
Oh I can assure you I wanted one beforehand having seen it at Stoneleigh and I want one even more now!
Look forward to seeing how it goes together

MTA

Post by MTA » Sat May 08, 2010 9:26 pm

I look forward to when Brandbright will get around to putting it on their website...

So I can see what a finished one looks like before parting with folding portraits of HRH!

MDLR

Post by MDLR » Sat May 08, 2010 9:55 pm

MTA wrote:I look forward to when Brandbright will get around to putting it on their website...

So I can see what a finished one looks like before parting with folding portraits of HRH!
Believe you me, their standard line drawing does it absolutely no justice at all!!

bobkerry

Rolling stock

Post by bobkerry » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:58 pm

Hey nice and informative pictures....currently i am working on a project which is related to trains...these pictures are very informative

Sir haydn

Post by Sir haydn » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:56 pm

Sorry to take over your thread brian but my 2 directors saloons came this morning and i have spent the last 9 hours building up the interior! pics to follow

Sir haydn

Post by Sir haydn » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:55 pm

Image
Image

laalratty

Post by laalratty » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:09 pm

Wow :shock: That is exquisite, I really want one of those carriages. You've done an ace job of deatailing it as well Matt

User avatar
Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Retired Director
Retired Director
Posts: 4533
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 pm
Location: Suffolk
Contact:

Post by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:12 am

I belive all that detail comes as standard!
Lovely model, nice to see the supliers have caught up with me.....
:lol:
Image
The railway which people forgot
(to build)

Sir haydn

Post by Sir haydn » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:15 am

I have added the carpets, tiled floors..... so I have added a little more

User avatar
Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Retired Director
Retired Director
Posts: 4533
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 pm
Location: Suffolk
Contact:

Post by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:16 am

ah, sorry, and lovely they are too!
Image
The railway which people forgot
(to build)

MDLR

Post by MDLR » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:20 am

What have you used for floor coverings?

Sir haydn

Post by Sir haydn » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:24 am

I have used and upholstery fabric swatch. looks like a hard wearing carpet

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests