is it just me...

Discussion of Rolling Stock related topics should go here
Hancockshire

is it just me...

Post by Hancockshire » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:52 pm

...But hasn't anyone noticed that there are a complete lack of Talyllyn rolling stock kits on the market. If anyone says Perfect world, prepare to wake up with a horses head in their bed. As I say-
Perfect world, everything's perfect, but the price

SillyBilly

Post by SillyBilly » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:01 pm

Perfect World, Tenmille, may even be one or two others.

User avatar
Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Retired Director
Retired Director
Posts: 4533
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 pm
Location: Suffolk
Contact:

Post by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:06 pm

I suppose you might be right however there is also a compleet lack of many other railway's distinctive carriages such as
Southwold railway
Rye and camber tramway
And many more but I can not think at the moment.
Image
The railway which people forgot
(to build)

Hancockshire

Post by Hancockshire » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:07 pm

Will, I warned you not to say perfect world

MTA

Post by MTA » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:10 pm

Mr. Bond of the DVLR wrote:I suppose you might be right however there is also a compleet lack of many other railway's distinctive carriages such as
Southwold railway
Rye and camber tramway
And many more but I can not think at the moment.
Groudle Glen, Sierra Leone, Leek & Manifold...

Then again, GG coaches might be a bit complex and no-one commercially produces a Polar Bear or Sea Lion (which is a damn shame!) Someone did produce the battery electric Polar Bear for a while though. You see it advertised in old issues of Garden Rail...

User avatar
Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Retired Director
Retired Director
Posts: 4533
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 pm
Location: Suffolk
Contact:

Post by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:46 pm

Groudle Glen, Sierra Leone, Leek & Manifold
Thanks for coming to my rescue, my mind is fairly frazled. I am exhausted- all this trying to get better!
Image
The railway which people forgot
(to build)

made-in-england
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver
Posts: 826
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 4:22 pm

Post by made-in-england » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:12 pm

I wouldnt mind a groudle glenn set!

There was a model of the later "electric" polar bear in the bulleteitn some months ago now.
Passengers are reminded not to tease the engines

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:14 pm

I would like to see some Heywood kits.

Sir haydn

Post by Sir haydn » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:38 pm

Triassic, ron grant ;)
I primerally model the talyllyn. I have loads of kits! I dont find it a problem

Sir haydn

Post by Sir haydn » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:47 pm

Image
Plenty of rolling stock there, althow i admit 2 or 3 pieces are scratch built

Merddin Emrys

Post by Merddin Emrys » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:49 pm

You could try scratch building :)

Merddin Emrys

Post by Merddin Emrys » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:51 pm

Sir haydn wrote:Image
Plenty of rolling stock there, althow i admit 2 or 3 pieces are scratch built
I love that, just like being there and popping in the cafe for tea and a cake! :D

Sir haydn

Post by Sir haydn » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:10 pm

sadly that scene nolonger exists in its model form. althow it is planned to make its return, and it will be even better!
the rolling stock you see there is only half of it. I have enough TR rolling stock to make 2 complete scale passenger trains.

User avatar
TonyW
Driver
Driver
Posts: 1357
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:25 am
Location: North Wales
Contact:

Post by TonyW » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:18 pm

Tony Willmore
Rhos Helyg Locomotive Works: http://www.rhoshelyg.me.uk
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RhosHelygLocoWorks

Narrow Minded

Post by Narrow Minded » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:17 am

Hancockshire, if your saving up for something (which I understand from other threads that you are), you might want to check out this link

http://home.iae.nl/users/summer/16mmngm ... nsTech.htm

You'll have to sign up (Free) and then you can download, print out and make (Free except wheels & couplings etc - but there are ways of making them for Free) a variety of coaches, including TR :D

Hancockshire

Post by Hancockshire » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:25 pm

I'll have a look

MuzTrem

Post by MuzTrem » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:02 pm

MTA wrote:Leek & Manifold...
GRS produce a range of L&M rolling stock. Personally I wouldn't suggest buying them, given my past experience of GRS kits, but they are there...

User avatar
90733
Driver
Driver
Posts: 1955
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:17 pm
Location: West Yorkshire
Contact:

Post by 90733 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:44 pm

Why? Whats wrong with GRS kits? (i wouldn/t know never built any.)

PCLR

Post by PCLR » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:08 pm

QRS kits are great i have build a brake van it was very well designed

MuzTrem

Post by MuzTrem » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:21 pm

90733 wrote:Why? Whats wrong with GRS kits? (i wouldn/t know never built any.)
I find they don't go together very easily, and this problem is compounded by the fact that the instructions are bascially non-existant. They're certainly not for the beginner, at any rate.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 27 guests