Festiniog Bogie Coach No. 15

Discussion of Rolling Stock related topics should go here
Post Reply
METHSSNIFFER

Festiniog Bogie Coach No. 15

Post by METHSSNIFFER » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:41 pm

This is the completed side of coach 15 I started last year I have other side cut and ready to paint and line. No machining no fancy laser cutter just a blade a blister or two and some patience!
[This is intended for the 1870s vintage stock Im in the progress of building.
Last edited by METHSSNIFFER on Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:24 am, edited 4 times in total.

laalratty

Post by laalratty » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:44 pm

Absolutely wonderful. How did you get the curves on the window corners?

METHSSNIFFER

Post by METHSSNIFFER » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:45 pm

a file!

laalratty

Post by laalratty » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:47 pm

I thought it wouldn't be easy! I think it would take more patience then I have, I'll stick to square windowed carriages :lol:

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director
Posts: 4336
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:16 pm
Location: Shropshire, England

Post by mhlr » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:27 pm

Jeeeeese that's good! :shock: :P Must have taken some time!
Image

METHSSNIFFER

Post by METHSSNIFFER » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:36 pm

The red and gold lining takes the time and the patience. You think how long it takes to build the real thing. Filing doesnt take that much patience its only the finishing. You need a curved back needle file simples!

Merddin Emrys

Post by Merddin Emrys » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:08 pm

That is incredible, I love it! :D

taliesin001

Post by taliesin001 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:55 am

laalratty wrote:Absolutely wonderful. How did you get the curves on the window corners?
To get the round corners to the windows I normally use a leather punch made from a piece of steel tube to the right diameter. I then use a hammer to punch it. I cut it out by joining up the holes. I tried filing but too long for me, I haven't got that much patience.

LMS-Jools

Post by LMS-Jools » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:07 pm

Lovely work. 8)

METHSSNIFFER

Post by METHSSNIFFER » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:25 pm

My rolling stock is progressing well and I will continue to update you of their progress. Progress of which has been halted somewhat that all the sides of this coach were finished and I put them safe somewhere and cant bl---dy find em. But I am getting organised to be continued..

METHSSNIFFER

Post by METHSSNIFFER » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:29 am

I think I know where they are!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests