MDLR Buffet Car

Discussion of Rolling Stock related topics should go here
MDLR

MDLR Buffet Car

Post by MDLR » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:46 pm

I've got cracking on this again - words and pictures at:
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/mdltrly/buffetcar.html

Enjoy!

MTA

Post by MTA » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:57 pm

I really like the little miniature bottles of whiskey etc., where'd you get them from Brian?

Are the crates from that chap in Germany who's name escapes me, as he was selling them at Merstham but I think they were £5 each at the time so I left off at that time.

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director
Posts: 4336
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:16 pm
Location: Shropshire, England

Post by mhlr » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:01 pm

WOW that's an excellent idea! Looks like it will be super once done, I really must crack on with my obs. coach, but I have all these other projects on the go :lol: :lol: Are the bottles etc dolls house ones? I need some bits and pieces for 'Gag's Snacks'
Image

MDLR

Post by MDLR » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:09 pm

The bottles came from my local Dolls house supplier, which I pass every night on the way home. The crates are Perfect World...........

laalratty

Post by laalratty » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:14 pm

Looks like it is going to be absolutely fantastic when its finished :D

Narrow Minded

Post by Narrow Minded » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:03 am

Very nice - I bet the MDLR will be putting up their ticket prices this season!

You've got a very neat "house style" / "corporate image" going for the passenger stock, something sadly lacking here at the W&LLR! :oops:

LMS-Jools

Post by LMS-Jools » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:30 am

Nice, :D

DolwyddelanLightRail

Post by DolwyddelanLightRail » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:38 am

Narrow Minded wrote:Very nice - I bet the MDLR will be putting up their ticket prices this season!

You've got a very neat "house style" / "corporate image" going for the passenger stock, something sadly lacking here at the W&LLR! :oops:
You think your is bad, I've just got mamod rolling stock for my Edrig!

I have been toying with the idea next time to use my grandfathers old standard gauge LMS rolling stock, but it'll be a bit small behind edrig :? and i don't want them damaged :?

SillyBilly

Post by SillyBilly » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:13 am

That looks superb Brian.

TommyDodd

Post by TommyDodd » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:55 am

A very promising start, sir. It looks the business.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:18 am

Looks great.

User avatar
Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Retired Director
Retired Director
Posts: 4533
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 pm
Location: Suffolk
Contact:

Post by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:27 am

looks a very interesting project...
Image
The railway which people forgot
(to build)

MDLR

Post by MDLR » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:26 pm

I've made the working tail lamp for the coach this afternoon.......

More words and pictures at the bottom of:
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/mdltrly/buffetcar.html

Narrow Minded

Post by Narrow Minded » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:46 pm

Looking great Brian, I remember your "plug - in" tail lamp article in an issue of Garden Rail. Very clever! :D

PS How did Forest get on today? :roll:

MDLR

Post by MDLR » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:53 pm

Don't ask............................

JR

Post by JR » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:36 pm

Are the lights powered and would that be using batteries?

MDLR

Post by MDLR » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:39 pm

Yes and yes - 2 X AA in a switched battery box under the middle of the coach. All will become clear as I progress..............

MDLR

Post by MDLR » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:25 pm

OK - more work done today. Both inner ends ends made and stained (and partially fitted), side inner skins stained, more seats and tables made (coz the Traffic Department maintained the coach would be uneconomical to run) and the straps for the droplight windows have been sourced and made.

More at: http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/mdltrly/buffetcar.html

(at the bottom)

Narrow Minded

Post by Narrow Minded » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:43 pm

Looking very classy Brian :D Nice job :!:

METHSSNIFFER

Post by METHSSNIFFER » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:40 pm

If you want a strap for your drop lights then get hold of some tie wraps and cut off the tipped end. You will find these to be perfect for the job and less time consuming. You can also drill 0.5mm holes to add that extra detail and a coat of tan paint p60 from phoenix and you have it.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 28 guests