The brandbright GS6 open wagon

Discussion of Rolling Stock related topics should go here
Post Reply
Hancockshire

The brandbright GS6 open wagon

Post by Hancockshire » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:52 am

The brandbright GS6 is (most definetly) , along with all other kits in the range the most finest kits availble. One of the things that attracted me to buy the kit was the "working" hinges which is attractive as it is a functional detail and is useful for doing jobs on the railway (like the fun way of transporting ballast and unloading it). Unfortunatly, four of the hinges got damaged in transit but after sending an e-mail to the company, they replied saying that they will send some replacements. If you are worried about breaking two hinges, just use two on each door, but if like me, most of the hinges get damaged in transit, then ask for replacements and only use two on each door so you've got spares for another wagon. This is a good kit for beginners as it doesn't require much sanding. Fab little wagon and I recomend it to you guys out there.

MDLR

Post by MDLR » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:19 pm

I look forward to seeing it in use!

pauly
Driver
Driver
Posts: 1989
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:18 pm

Post by pauly » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:20 pm

is it available in 45mm?
A steam propelled life-style.

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director
Posts: 4336
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:16 pm
Location: Shropshire, England

Post by mhlr » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:24 pm

I didn't make my hinges work because of strength issues. I use tipper wagons for tipping stuff out...

Image

But as you can see, they don't like going round corners fast!!

If you want to add more strength to the ends of your wagons, I'd use some square strip to make corner pillars to stick on the ends inside to give them that extra support.
Image

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director
Posts: 4336
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:16 pm
Location: Shropshire, England

Post by mhlr » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:25 pm

pauly wrote:is it available in 45mm?
Yes you have to buy wheelsets, so just buy the 45mm options.
Image

Hancockshire

Post by Hancockshire » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:28 pm

mhlr wrote:I didn't make my hinges work because of strength issues. I use tipper wagons for tipping stuff out...

Image

But as you can see, they don't like going round corners fast!!

If you want to add more strength to the ends of your wagons, I'd use some square strip to make corner pillars to stick on the ends inside to give them that extra support.
The GS6 has none of those issues as there is brass wire included to keep the doors in place (who says I don't help with the credit crunch for modellers) Oh by the way, thanks for recomending this site to me, I get more replies than on youtube.

Hancockshire

Post by Hancockshire » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:28 am

:D I just thought I should send a little picture of the wagon built with the parts supplied.
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests