And another........

Discussion of Rolling Stock related topics should go here
Post Reply
User avatar
Peter Butler
Driver
Driver
Posts: 5721
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:33 pm
Location: West Wales

And another........

Post by Peter Butler » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:21 pm

I can't stand football! What a waste of time!
No interest in the Grand National either.
So...... what to do on a wet Saturday (again?)
I know, I'll build a model.
The last one, cattle truck, was based on those used on the W&L, so I opened the book to find something else which would go with it. There's something about the (original) stock, and locos, on that line which really appeals to me so my railway is taking on the W&L look.
Something I haven't got is a parcels van, so, having found the drawing and photograph I set about cutting my favourite material, plasticard.
I have had slightly longer to work today with only four interuptions for meals and dog walks.
Because I was getting on so well I didn't stop for photographs of the build in progress but offer the finished item awaiting paint tomorrow.....

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
sstjc
Fireman
Fireman
Posts: 442
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:47 am
Location: Faversham Kent
Contact:

Post by sstjc » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:41 pm

Good god man slow down I can't keep up.... Lovely work but at the rate your knocking these out you'll need a bigger home.
Regards
Barry

www.5inchrail.com

MDLR

Post by MDLR » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:55 pm

Nice van , but the roof on the cattle wagon looks a bit warped.....................

andymctractor

Re: And another........

Post by andymctractor » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:04 pm

Peter Butler:98943 wrote:I can't stand football!    What a waste of time!
 No interest in the Grand National either.
 So......  what to do on a wet Saturday (again?)
Ok I agree with you on the Grand National as I don't consider horse racing to be a sport even if though the Queen clearly disagrees with me.
However, I'm tempted to say that you have some real stock building skills that either you or someone else should use to create rolling stock or rolling stock kits for all of us.

User avatar
Peter Butler
Driver
Driver
Posts: 5721
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:33 pm
Location: West Wales

Post by Peter Butler » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:35 pm

MDLR:98948 wrote:Nice van , but the roof on the cattle wagon looks a bit warped.....................
You're right about the roof Brian. The reason is because it is not yet fixed to the body as I still want to install cattle inside.
The material I glued to the plastic has distorted the shape slightly but nothing that can't be put right.

DickH

Post by DickH » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:45 pm

And again Peter!!

User avatar
Peter Butler
Driver
Driver
Posts: 5721
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:33 pm
Location: West Wales

Re: And another........

Post by Peter Butler » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:07 am

andymctractor:98949 wrote: Ok I agree with you on the Grand National as I don't consider horse racing to be a sport even if though the Queen clearly disagrees with me.
The last time we met she only discussed my role in museum work but next time I will pass on your concerns!

kandnwlr

Post by kandnwlr » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:34 am

Another fantastic addition. More pics of the line please :shock: :o :D

BIGNY

Post by BIGNY » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:56 am

kandnwlr:98958 wrote:Another fantastic addition. More pics of the line please  :shock:  :o  :D
I totally agree with that ! :D

jim@NAL
Driver
Driver
Posts: 1142
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:01 am
Location: haverhill suffok

Post by jim@NAL » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:00 am

peter the model making machine... top work yet again well done

User avatar
Dannypenguin
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver
Posts: 632
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:57 am
Location: Forest of Dean, UK
Contact:

Post by Dannypenguin » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:27 pm

Image
Dan

Visit the PFLR website - http://poultonfarmlightrailway.webs.com/
Dean Forest Railway Society website - http://dfrsociety.org/

User avatar
Andrew
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3422
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:33 pm
Location: Bristol, UK
Contact:

Post by Andrew » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:36 pm

My wife would be truly alarmed if I turned out models at the rate you do! Although I might get away with it if they were as lovely as the ones you produce, loving the W&L style vans. Surely you can't hold out for much longer against the temptation to buy a live-steamer to pull 'em all!

Thanks for the photos,

Andrew.

User avatar
Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Retired Director
Retired Director
Posts: 4533
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 pm
Location: Suffolk
Contact:

Post by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:19 pm

Marvelous stuff, to think all of those wagons have been in existence for only a matter of days!
Image
The railway which people forgot
(to build)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests