Discussion of Rolling Stock related topics should go here
-
WVLR
Post
by WVLR » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:23 pm
This is my first attempt at modeling using Plastikard (and a bit of wood).
As my main interest is the Penrhyn railway I thought I'd have a go at building the brake van that was converted from the locomotive Sanford to go with the rest of my rolling stock.
I may have over done it with the rust though!
Mike
Last edited by WVLR on Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
tom_tom_go
- Driver

- Posts: 4824
- Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:08 am
- Location: Kent, UK
-
Contact:
Post
by tom_tom_go » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:25 pm
Good attempt from the photos I have seen

-
Spule 4
Post
by Spule 4 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:36 pm
Well done, and glad to see I am not the only one that takes photos in the kitchen of my completed models!
The prototype for your model is interesting to me, first learned of it in the Guide by The Association. Fun stuff!

-
Si
Post
by Si » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:38 pm
Looks very good....and I don't think that you've over done the rust at all.
-
Pendo Pilot
Post
by Pendo Pilot » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:51 pm
Looks superb, rust is perfect! A very nice item of rolling stock indeed.
-
WVLR
Post
by WVLR » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:17 pm
Many thanks for your comments folks. I took Sanford out for a test run this afternoon and managed to get some nice out of the kitchen photos
Mike
Last edited by WVLR on Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
DolwyddelanLightRail
Post
by DolwyddelanLightRail » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:26 pm
That is brilliant!

-
Narrow Minded
Post
by Narrow Minded » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:36 pm
Excellent - and I can see a "new lease of life" as freelance versions for some old Mamods there!

-
dhippey
Post
by dhippey » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:01 pm
How did you do the rust weathering? Looks about spot on to me.
Well done
-
WVLR
Post
by WVLR » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:47 pm
-
jim@NAL
- Driver

- Posts: 1142
- Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:01 am
- Location: haverhill suffok
Post
by jim@NAL » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:21 pm
looks good I like the rust a lot
-
WVLR
Post
by WVLR » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:30 pm
Sadly Sanford was the only vehicle in the Penrhyn scrap line at Coed Y Parc that was actually scrapped, a real shame as it's such an interesting vehicle,
therefore I decided that my model of it should have a neglected look.
-
MDLR
Post
by MDLR » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:59 pm
........................ and of course, the Curse of the Railway Modeller has struck yet again - the prototype of a kit was on view at Merstham this weekend!
-
WVLR
Post
by WVLR » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:04 pm
MDLR:97254 wrote:........................ and of course, the Curse of the Railway Modeller has struck yet again - the prototype of a kit was on view at Merstham this weekend!
Who'd doing that Brian ?
-
MDLR
Post
by MDLR » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:07 pm
Raif Copley...............................
-
WVLR
Post
by WVLR » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:10 pm
MDLR:97256 wrote:Raif Copley...............................
Don't know that one any more details ? I knew David Bailey Designs were working on one, I'll have to produce mine as a kit.
-
MDLR
Post
by MDLR » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:37 pm
No more information I'm afraid - Raif Copley is Triassic Models and is doing a kit!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests