IP shelly tram

A place for discussing battery-electric locomotives, whether they're diesel, steam or even electric outline
Post Reply
jay1976

IP shelly tram

Post by jay1976 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:49 am

Has anyone got a IP engeneering Shelly(looks like toby from thomas the tank)
I quite fancy one as I like the look of a tram plus my almost 3 year old would like it.always a good thing as this may keep wife happy if I spend out on a engine.

User avatar
tom_tom_go
Driver
Driver
Posts: 4824
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:08 am
Location: Kent, UK
Contact:

Post by tom_tom_go » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:56 am

This looks like a good buy as I was watching it but can't justify the price at the moment:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SHELLEY-TRAM- ... 1c344aefed

jay1976

Post by jay1976 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:29 am

already bidding on that one

MDLR

Post by MDLR » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:51 pm

It's actually available from IP Engineering again at the moment - see http://www.ipengineering.co.uk/page180.html

jay1976

Post by jay1976 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:16 pm

I first saw it in garden railway mag and looked on the web page and thought birthday prezzie for me later in the year then while searching ebay found 1 but if it goes above my max then will just wait till later in the year and buy a new kit and make one myself..
Will also radio control it with 2.4ghz control kit(which is pretty cheap to get online)

jay1976

Post by jay1976 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:26 pm

didnt win the ebay 1 so looks like it could be kit building for me later in the year then
anyone else have one?

User avatar
andymctractor
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver
Posts: 712
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:03 am
Location: Suffolk, UK
Contact:

Post by andymctractor » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:21 pm

I bought one when the new batch was announced recently. I prefer radio control so I spoke to Ivan (its best to ring him) and took the simple way out and ordered the stuff from him. I already have a suitable controller. All I need now is batteries and he advised me a suitable trader.
The tram is nearing the top of my 'to do' pile but I can say it looks a nice kit. I have read about changing the gears to brass ones supplied by Cambrian but I havn't looked into this.

I'm tempted to try and wood stain the body rather than paint it but we will see.
Regards
Andy McMahon

If it moves, salute it.  If it doesn't move, paint it. (RN sailors basic skills course 1968)

MDLR

Post by MDLR » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:48 pm

andymctractor:85760 wrote:I'm tempted to try and wood stain the body rather than paint it but we will see.
That would work well!

User avatar
planty
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman
Posts: 169
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:23 pm
Location: Wakefield
Contact:

Post by planty » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:52 pm

When IP say remote control ready, is this for specific kit?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests