laalrattys scratchbuild plan 2011

Discussion of Rolling Stock related topics should go here
taliesin001

Post by taliesin001 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:13 pm

That looks excellent, how about MOTY? I'd like to see how you achieve the vacumn setter as I need to make one too

laalratty

Post by laalratty » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:30 pm

I would MOTY this, apart from the simple reason that Peterborough is too far for me, it adds to much time and cost to the journey. Pretty gutting because I think I would have a better chance with this.

User avatar
Keith S
Driver
Driver
Posts: 1668
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:44 pm
Location: Canada

Post by Keith S » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:58 pm

If you don't mind, could you provide some more detail on how you "upholstered" the little seats? I was thinking of a cloth covering for the first-class seats in my little "Gladstone" coach, but haven't gotten around to figuring out how to do it.

laalratty

Post by laalratty » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:53 pm

The upholstered seats are very simply, shaped sections of wood covered in material. On this particular carriage the seat bases are balsa wood, cut and shaped as required, as are the seat backs. The material is then cut to size, and glued on with PVA

laalratty

Post by laalratty » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:11 pm

Number 11 is done!!!
The ANLR's equivilent of an "accountants rebuild", my model of van 4/11 today had its first run since new years day this year. It is effectivly a new carriage, but does use some beading, the duckets, handbrake wheel, some seats and most importently the bogies from my old number 11. Also, thanks to another of my periodical carriage renumberings it now carries the number 11, instead of 9
Image
Posed on the headland. Actually it isn't quite complete, there are still a couple of areas to touch up with paint, and also the transfers and the various handrails and door handles
Image
The first test run, with my model of van 5/number 12 and the baguley
Image
On its first passenger train turn heading into the tunnel
Image
Gwydion takes the afternoon train over the pond
NWAG members will get a chance to see the carriage at the PTLR is this sunday, were one engine will be found to rule them all...
And for everyone else, I'm hoping to run on Mount Dowd on the Saturday of the Elsecar show next week, probably teaming up with DLR dan

User avatar
90733
Driver
Driver
Posts: 1955
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:17 pm
Location: West Yorkshire
Contact:

Post by 90733 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:16 pm

Very nice, the skill you have is amazing!
Hopefully see you at Elsecar (probally there both days :roll: ), hopefully get a nice look of your coaches, I never seemed to when I when I was in morcambe!
Thanks
Jack

taliesin001

Post by taliesin001 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:35 pm

That is very nice, well done on finishing it, the interior is excellent :D

Narrow Minded

Post by Narrow Minded » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:07 pm

Ace job and a fantastic addition to what's already a top class rake! :D

Sir haydn

Post by Sir haydn » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:18 pm

Looking good, the interior makes all the difference.

I'll be on mount dowd all day saturday too.

Pendo Pilot

Post by Pendo Pilot » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:00 am

Superb stuff, you really do have an eye for these builds!

MuzTrem

Post by MuzTrem » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:24 pm

Fantastic! Just one detail is missing: red ends :P

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 59 guests