Great open freight wagons - trouble is nowhere has them on this side of the pond - I&G Steam N. Wales used to sell them - but no longer. Here with HLW link
http://www.h-l-w.com/products/mini%20series.html
Has anyone imported them or found them for sale in the UK?
Elliot
Northumberland
Hartland Loco Works USA - Gondolas
-
peterbunce
HLW mini series
Hi elliot,
I think that Steve at Back 2 bay 6 (http://www.back2bay6.com/) used to sell them - I'd send him an e-mail, asking about them.
Alternativly send a note to HLW themselves - they are very approachable, asking who sells the series in the UK.
I think that Steve at Back 2 bay 6 (http://www.back2bay6.com/) used to sell them - I'd send him an e-mail, asking about them.
Alternativly send a note to HLW themselves - they are very approachable, asking who sells the series in the UK.
-
Jerm
- Trainee Fireman

- Posts: 114
- Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:06 pm
- Location: Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
Hi,
My start in garden railways was with purely HLW stock and it's pretty good equipment - relatively inexpensive, durable, strong locomotives. One of the biggest reasons I left them, though is a lack of availability. I placed my initial order through my local hobby shop and, to be frank, it was a sizeable order. After that, though, they couldn't get a hold of them at all and no one returned the calls. Add to that a product line that hasn't changed in four years and it doesn't look too promising.
It's a shame, too, because I have so many ideas for conversions. It's great stuff if you can get it.
My start in garden railways was with purely HLW stock and it's pretty good equipment - relatively inexpensive, durable, strong locomotives. One of the biggest reasons I left them, though is a lack of availability. I placed my initial order through my local hobby shop and, to be frank, it was a sizeable order. After that, though, they couldn't get a hold of them at all and no one returned the calls. Add to that a product line that hasn't changed in four years and it doesn't look too promising.
It's a shame, too, because I have so many ideas for conversions. It's great stuff if you can get it.
-
Jerm
- Trainee Fireman

- Posts: 114
- Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:06 pm
- Location: Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 30 guests