Discussion of Rolling Stock related topics should go here
-
laalratty
Post
by laalratty » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:16 pm
Number 12 has slowly been going green over the past week...

The first side is just about done to a good enough standard, with just the guards door to do as this needs a small panel of black putting on. Once the exterior is done, there is some interior to paint, the rest to varnish and the thing will be coming rather close to completion
-
laalratty
Post
by laalratty » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:58 pm
Well its been a long few weeks (over a month actually!) but I've finally completed the painting

Kickboards have been fitted to the guards door (an innovation for me), and the droplights have also been fitted. Steps, couplings and the vacuum pipes still need to be fitted, as well as the wheels and bogies.

The interior is just about finished, and done as close to number 12/van 5 as possible, including white tables. Glazing still needs to be fitted. It is still on to be finished for Stoneleigh, hopefully
-
taliesin001
Post
by taliesin001 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:12 pm
looks great, relly like the interior. Are you entering it into MOTY?
-
laalratty
Post
by laalratty » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:17 pm
No, on the basis that everytime I've seen the MOTY carriage entries they've always seemed better then mine! Also it is running on 2 layouts (with luck!)
-
taliesin001
Post
by taliesin001 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:23 pm
It'd be worth a try. But if your going to be running alot i guess you woulod like to use it.

-
LMS-Jools
Post
by LMS-Jools » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:34 am
Looking great.

-
laalratty
Post
by laalratty » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:38 pm
Well I've spent virtually all day on this, the result is the glazing is all in, the roof sticks have been glued in, the hole were drilled for buffers (admittedly misaligned - both of them

) and most importently the carriage is now stood on its wheels

So I am fairly happy that the new carriage will be in service for the Easter weekend.
And i've already started plotting my next carriage scratchbuild and possibly a commision

-
taliesin001
Post
by taliesin001 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:55 pm
you've been busy. I have also been working on mine, although I haven't got nearly as much done! I have also planned my next scratchbuild for next years MOTY, a proposed ffestiniog carriage that unfortunately never got built.

-
laalratty
Post
by laalratty » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:59 pm
taliesin001 wrote:, a proposed ffestiniog carriage that unfortunately never got built.

That wouldn't be that wonderfully quirky and curious semi open with fully upholstered seats would it?

-
taliesin001
Post
by taliesin001 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:02 pm
It certainly would! I saw in boyds book, so will need to buy that.

-
Sir haydn
Post
by Sir haydn » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:10 pm
one of the east midlands members has built that. a very nice unusual model!
-
taliesin001
Post
by taliesin001 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:13 pm
Thats what I thought! Could I ask what livery he has used.
-
Sir haydn
Post
by Sir haydn » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:24 pm
maroon i think
-
taliesin001
Post
by taliesin001 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:27 pm
Just a stab in the dark but you wouldn't happen to have any contact details would you?
-
Sir haydn
Post
by Sir haydn » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:34 pm
your best bet is to PM brian (MDLR) and ask for terry pearse's contacts. I must have it sumwhere but he will have it to hand

-
taliesin001
Post
by taliesin001 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:38 pm
Will do, thanks alot.
-
laalratty
Post
by laalratty » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:57 pm
Well its been another productive day on number 12

My IP engineering roof fitting jig gets its first use since I got it for christmas. It made fitting the roof much easier and I wish I had had had something like it for my previous carriages

Roof fitted in place - just a bit of painting required now

I got creative with publisher again and made some adverts for the interior. Probably should of taken this pic before the roof was put on though
-
Dr. Bond of the DVLR
- Retired Director

- Posts: 4533
- Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 pm
- Location: Suffolk
-
Contact:
Post
by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:58 pm
Cooor looks brilliant! I am glad you aren't entering this in to MOTY- I wouldn't stand a chance against this!

The railway which people forgot
(to build)
-
SillyBilly
Post
by SillyBilly » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:01 pm
Looking superb, nice to see the melamine table tops replicated, the splash of white really lifts the interior.
laalratty isn't a junior though Mr Bond!
-
laalratty
Post
by laalratty » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:14 pm
Number 12 was completed yesterday, and will enter service at tommorows ANLR "Easter Egg Hunt"
Meanwhile I have cut out the floor and ends for another carriage but I think that needs another topic...
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests