Festiniog Zoo Car Coach No. 1
-
METHSSNIFFER
Festiniog Zoo Car Coach No. 1
The beginnings of my second bug box build the so called Zoo Car coach No.1 of the FR.
Last edited by METHSSNIFFER on Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
- Dr. Bond of the DVLR
- Retired Director

- Posts: 4533
- Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 pm
- Location: Suffolk
- Contact:
-
METHSSNIFFER
-
MoelygestLR
I too recognise the pattern but can put my finger on it, look in you kitchen cabinets and I bet you will see that pattern! We have some of the exact same pattern wood left over from ours. I can even tell you that you probably got it from B&Q and that is is hardboard.Mr. Bond of the DVLR wrote: I recobnise the pattern on the middle seat partition, I can't put my finger on it...
- Dr. Bond of the DVLR
- Retired Director

- Posts: 4533
- Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 pm
- Location: Suffolk
- Contact:
-
METHSSNIFFER
-
MoelygestLR
-
Merddin Emrys
-
METHSSNIFFER
Just to let you know the zoo car is coming on, the shell is built just roof to do. Dont know whether to cut out the fleur de lys or paint them in. I guess playing the perfectionist I will probably cut them out, though should of probably done this before constructing the shell. It is a challenge to get them symetrical and all the same size but I'll have a go. Gonna start painting em soon when I have prepared them, some filling to do with fine milliput and then the ol rub down process begins. So fill you in soon!! ah ah
[
[
[
[
Last edited by METHSSNIFFER on Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
- TonyW
- Driver

- Posts: 1357
- Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:25 am
- Location: North Wales
- Contact:
Very nice.
Tony Willmore
Rhos Helyg Locomotive Works: http://www.rhoshelyg.me.uk
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RhosHelygLocoWorks
Rhos Helyg Locomotive Works: http://www.rhoshelyg.me.uk
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RhosHelygLocoWorks
-
Narrow Minded
-
METHSSNIFFER
Thankyou I havent actually timed how long it takes but I would hazard a guess at something like ten to fifteen hours, but you have to allow glue to dry obviously so a bug box like this I could achieve in three to four evenings. Then there is the painting of course and that can be considerably longer. A bug box is a simple build compared to some rolling stock I have modelled take the Talyllyn brake van for instance all the strapping is rivetted and this is achieved by cutting 1mm plastic rodding and applying with mek.
I now use plastic rivets from Cambrian but alas they still need applying and spacing equal distant so the time is in the detail
I now use plastic rivets from Cambrian but alas they still need applying and spacing equal distant so the time is in the detail
- Dr. Bond of the DVLR
- Retired Director

- Posts: 4533
- Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 pm
- Location: Suffolk
- Contact:
-
METHSSNIFFER
- Dr. Bond of the DVLR
- Retired Director

- Posts: 4533
- Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 pm
- Location: Suffolk
- Contact:
Which can be rearranged into a triangle
SS
QT|hrs.
So if you need to find the self satisfactisfaction of the job it is the QT times by the hours you've actually spent doing it.
If you need to find out how long it has taken you over all it is SS divided by QT
and to find out what quality time you've had you need to divide SS by the Hrs!
Does all that work?
SS
QT|hrs.
So if you need to find the self satisfactisfaction of the job it is the QT times by the hours you've actually spent doing it.
If you need to find out how long it has taken you over all it is SS divided by QT
and to find out what quality time you've had you need to divide SS by the Hrs!
Does all that work?

The railway which people forgot
(to build)
-
METHSSNIFFER
-
METHSSNIFFER
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests
