Construction is deck boards raised off the ground on fence posts set into the cheapest met post copies I could find. An unavoidable factor of this build is that the budget is non existent. When I initially purchased my Lady Anne there weren't any plans beyond running on a 16mm society layout. However it didn't take long before thoughts turned to a test track in the garden & from there the CGLR was born even though the piggy bank is distinctly empty.
So this is where we were a few days ago, the basic structure is in place for phase I, a simple distorted dog bone loop with a straight run up the fence line which will be a run through a corridor of greenery before heading back towards the house on a more sinuous route hopefully planted & landscaped to give a reason for the curves.
Immediate concern are whether the battens under the long spans will prevent sagging & whether the unsupported joins on the curves will hold up. They are glued a screwed & have already survived two 11 year olds running round the track,




