Hi,
I spent yesterday with a friend playing trains in Heath Park.
https://youtu.be/1-LhE7sg93k
The Caley 123 was built by Stuart Browne of Archangel fame in the late 1970's early 1980's.
Regards Tony.
Yesterday playing trains at Heath Park Cardiff.
- Tony Bird
- Trainee Driver

- Posts: 601
- Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:25 am
- Location: Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
- FWLR
- Driver

- Posts: 4588
- Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:45 am
- Location: Preston, Lancashire, UK
Re: Yesterday playing trains at Heath Park Cardiff.
That warm up lap was a bit frantic Tony. But when it settled down it was running a dream...Love it..
Can I ask, is the tender a working model. It was holding water, so I am thinking it supplied the engine.....
Can I ask, is the tender a working model. It was holding water, so I am thinking it supplied the engine.....
ROD
Life is so easy when I run my trains.










https://gardenrails.org/forum/viewtopic ... 41&t=11364
https://www.youtube.com/@fairywoodlightrailway
Life is so easy when I run my trains.
https://gardenrails.org/forum/viewtopic ... 41&t=11364
https://www.youtube.com/@fairywoodlightrailway
- Tony Bird
- Trainee Driver

- Posts: 601
- Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:25 am
- Location: Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
Re: Yesterday playing trains at Heath Park Cardiff.
Hi Rod,
Yes, it is a working tender meths and water. The boiler is filled/topped up via a hand pump; there is no axle pump and it has a single double acting cylinder with slip eccentric valve gear.
Regards Tony.
Yes, it is a working tender meths and water. The boiler is filled/topped up via a hand pump; there is no axle pump and it has a single double acting cylinder with slip eccentric valve gear.
Regards Tony.
-
IrishPeter
Re: Yesterday playing trains at Heath Park Cardiff.
Yes, the first lap was a bit hair raising, but she ran like a dream once she was warm. Not an unusual way for a slip eccentric loco to behave. Lovely model of the Caley Single.
Cheers,
Peter in VA
Cheers,
Peter in VA
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: GTB and 35 guests