
This open wagon was started about 1 1/2 years ago. It was to similar dimensions to the IP open wagons, as I wanted to see whether I could churn a few of these out to save me from buying them all as kits. As it happens, this was the only one started, and it has spent a long time sitting in my bedroom virtually complete in primer whilst I thought how to do the strapping. I have now decided to base the strapping on that used on the free junior wagon given to 16mm association members. Since the photo was taken, I have fitted the strapping and hinges, made from strips of card and cocktail sticks.

This strange vehical is even longer in the waiting, however it is now ready to join the ANLR permanant way train. The idea is the the crate carrys tools, whilst the flatbed is for stacking sleepers. Again made from wood offcuts, with IP small bogies and multi height couplers to allow it to couple to my Binnie bolster set for carrying rail. Add an open wagon for ballast and the Permanant way van (when completed) and I will have a neat little permanant way train for the ANLR.
