Discussion of Rolling Stock related topics should go here
-
Alan P
Post
by Alan P » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:49 pm
Having had so much fun wiith Phil Sharples Coal Wagon & Side Tipper kits i just couldn't resist the little Flat Wagon.
So here is the first picture of the parts straight out of the bag :)
As usual there is a more comprehensive record of the build on my website here
http://www.alspcs.com/PSFlat.html

Last edited by Alan P on Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
-
daveyrd11
Post
by daveyrd11 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:37 pm
One of these is making its way too me through the post as I write, I haven't had one of these eBay kits before, not sure if I'm going to build it as is or modify. I'll be interested in seeing how yours comes together.
-
Alan P
Post
by Alan P » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:06 pm
Well the first one has gone together ok. The bed and axles boxes are not glued yet as it's easier to paint with them apart.
When building the Coal Wagons i put together a simple jig to assemble the chassis. That worked out well so i've done the same for the Flat Wagon chassis.

-
daveyrd11
Post
by daveyrd11 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:33 am
Look what came in the post today! snap! I can't get to llanfair but at least I now have a wagon kit to make

-
Alan P
Post
by Alan P » Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:54 am
Excellent. They go together real easily, as did all of the kits i've had from Phil so far

-
Alan P
Post
by Alan P » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:19 pm
Managed to spend some time today finishing the Flat Wagons.

-
MDLR
Post
by MDLR » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:53 pm
They look very nice!
-
Alan P
Post
by Alan P » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:03 am
Thanks Brian. I think most of the credit has to go to Phil though. His kits are very easy to put together and produce great little wagons.
-
MDLR
Post
by MDLR » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:16 am
............... and he's hopefully going to be at Peterborough next year - more details in the November SMT.
-
Alan P
Post
by Alan P » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:33 pm
Managed a quick run this evening with my Regner Vincent and Phil Sharples wagons.
There is something not quite right with the last tipper, it has a definite squeak from one of the axles
and it's not running as smoothly as the other wagons. Otherwise the rake runs very well.
<object width="640" height="480"><param name="movie" value="
http://www.youtube.com/v/N9fnH20I3iE?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
http://www.youtube.com/v/N9fnH20I3iE?ve ... n_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
-
MDLR
Post
by MDLR » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:46 pm
Now THAT'S what I CALL a train! One thing you hve to watch: when you insert the axleboxes into the slots on the lowest layer of the underframe, make sure they are fully pushed home - VERY important with superglue! one of mine wasn't (and only showed up on the photograph) but it does run OK.
-
daveyrd11
Post
by daveyrd11 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:54 pm
Mine is complete! Very pleased with it, I'm sure I'll be buying more.....

-
Alan P
Post
by Alan P » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:33 pm
Oh, that's very nice, i like the finish you've achieved.
-
Alan P
Post
by Alan P » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:39 pm
MDLR:113306 wrote:Now THAT'S what I CALL a train! One thing you hve to watch: when you insert the axleboxes into the slots on the lowest layer of the underframe, make sure they are fully pushed home - VERY important with superglue! one of mine wasn't (and only showed up on the photograph) but it does run OK.
Yes, it's all too easy to get them skewed.
The tippers don't use those axle boxes though, it's just holes drilled in the plastic chassis.
I've just had a look at the tipper in question and it would appear i hadn't quite pushed
the wheels onto the axles far enough.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 96 guests