Tenmille L and B Coach
-
cncmodeller
- Trainee Fireman

- Posts: 234
- Joined: Sat May 11, 2013 4:15 pm
- Location: lincolnshire
Tenmille L and B Coach
Hi All, I am just at nearly the end of re-building a Tenmille L and B Coach [ which has been kicking around half built for about 20 years!] I improved it know end by laser cutting the outside framework and am thinking I should do another three, I was wondering if anyone knows if the kits are still available? I can see the white metal parts listed on their website but the L and B coach kits are not specifically priced up.
If not I will probably have to create my own wooden laser cut parts and use the parts that are available.I will post a picture when finished.
If not I will probably have to create my own wooden laser cut parts and use the parts that are available.I will post a picture when finished.
-
LnBmad
-
cncmodeller
- Trainee Fireman

- Posts: 234
- Joined: Sat May 11, 2013 4:15 pm
- Location: lincolnshire
I'm probably not going to produce any more than the three I need, as its quite a lot of work to produce the parts and from experience the cost one could reasonably charge would barely cover the material costs.LnBmad:84263 wrote:Only the white metal parts are available now.
If you could produce them laser cut how much would production cost? I'm looking to have a rake of them
John
-
cncmodeller
- Trainee Fireman

- Posts: 234
- Joined: Sat May 11, 2013 4:15 pm
- Location: lincolnshire
-
invicta280
- Trainee Driver

- Posts: 676
- Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:24 pm
- Location: kent england
-
cncmodeller
- Trainee Fireman

- Posts: 234
- Joined: Sat May 11, 2013 4:15 pm
- Location: lincolnshire
-
cncmodeller
- Trainee Fireman

- Posts: 234
- Joined: Sat May 11, 2013 4:15 pm
- Location: lincolnshire
- Dr. Bond of the DVLR
- Retired Director

- Posts: 4533
- Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 pm
- Location: Suffolk
- Contact:
- Snailrail
- Trainee Fireman

- Posts: 156
- Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:49 pm
- Location: Essex
That's looking great.
Just one point - shouldn't the doors in the centre partitions be offset in opposite directions instead of the doors opposite each other ? i.e. the nearer partition in the second picture should be the other way round.
Not wishing to criticise such a lovely job, just trying to stop you making a mistake before it's too late to put it right.
Brian
Just one point - shouldn't the doors in the centre partitions be offset in opposite directions instead of the doors opposite each other ? i.e. the nearer partition in the second picture should be the other way round.
Not wishing to criticise such a lovely job, just trying to stop you making a mistake before it's too late to put it right.
Brian
-
cncmodeller
- Trainee Fireman

- Posts: 234
- Joined: Sat May 11, 2013 4:15 pm
- Location: lincolnshire
-
ikcdab
-
cncmodeller
- Trainee Fireman

- Posts: 234
- Joined: Sat May 11, 2013 4:15 pm
- Location: lincolnshire
Yes it caused me problems too! I used epoxy resin [ araldite] [ very carefully, the slow one,] Its reasonably good but not perfect and I found on some loose bits I had to scrape back to the wood and sand the back of the strip and use white wood glue which of course is the best way to glue wood when Its unpainted.
I suppose It was the price to pay so that I didn't have to mask which never looks totally crisp.
I've done more of the centre saloon but am on holiday so will post some more pictures later this month.
I suppose It was the price to pay so that I didn't have to mask which never looks totally crisp.
I've done more of the centre saloon but am on holiday so will post some more pictures later this month.
-
ikcdab
Thats really helpful. I too used araldite in the end, and applied it very carefully with cocktail stick to the framing. It was very fiddly.cncmodeller:102693 wrote:Yes it caused me problems too! I used epoxy resin [ araldite] [ very carefully, the slow one,] Its reasonably good but not perfect and I found on some loose bits I had to scrape back to the wood and sand the back of the strip and use white wood glue which of course is the best way to glue wood when Its unpainted.
I suppose It was the price to pay so that I didn't have to mask which never looks totally crisp.
I've done more of the centre saloon but am on holiday so will post some more pictures later this month.
I wondering whether to use a fine syringe next time, but fear the araldite might be too thick to suck into the syringe. Anyway, i am happy with the result and now have two more coaches in build. Heres a picture of the first one.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 49 guests




ps4cbfdace.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
[/img]



[/img]
