Page 1 of 1
Jurassic models?
Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:57 am
by JMORG
Any experiences with these? If so, what is the current range?
A member of ours is looking for some Ffestiniog bug boxes!

Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:24 pm
by vjoneslong5040
The catalogue is avaliable here:
http://www.summerlands-chuffer.co.uk/ju ... 4577586366
I'm afraid I haven't tried any, so can't comment on the quality of the kits, though I have heard some good things.
Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:24 pm
by Big Jim
Saw them at P/boro and was very impressed with the kits. I have not built one yet but they do seem well made.
Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:53 pm
by MDLR
THe kits are an absolute delight to assemble. I've mentioned the little open wagon here before - see
http://gardenrails.myfreeforum.org/about8670.html and I was also well pleased with my first-ever laser-cut kit from predecessor Triassic Models -
http://www.mdlr.co.uk/hudson.html will give you chapter and verse on this.
Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:25 pm
by lukejpetch
I build one of the bug boxes recently and really enjoyed it- they are not difficult kits it just pays to take your time on them like everything else. Instructions are not these sort that come with photos throughout! I will make some sort of an account on here of the build of mine at some stage!
I also used Brandbright wheels/bearings, DJB FfR couplings and Paul Bailey transfers.... All very nice too!
Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:31 pm
by lukejpetch
I used this rather useful account of a bug box build when assembling mine:
http://www.yorkshire.16mm.org.uk/ChrisCooperBugBox.html
Hope some of it is useful!
Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:43 pm
by Andrew
Very interesting, thank you! A porthole bug box is on my "to-build" list - was going to scratchbuild but that kit looks very good...
Cheers,
Andrew.
Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:51 pm
by lukejpetch
I've got one sitting here in the workshop for me to start after my exams for my FR Col. Stephens Rake! :-)