Page 1 of 1

And another........

Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:21 pm
by Peter Butler
I can't stand football! What a waste of time!
No interest in the Grand National either.
So...... what to do on a wet Saturday (again?)
I know, I'll build a model.
The last one, cattle truck, was based on those used on the W&L, so I opened the book to find something else which would go with it. There's something about the (original) stock, and locos, on that line which really appeals to me so my railway is taking on the W&L look.
Something I haven't got is a parcels van, so, having found the drawing and photograph I set about cutting my favourite material, plasticard.
I have had slightly longer to work today with only four interuptions for meals and dog walks.
Because I was getting on so well I didn't stop for photographs of the build in progress but offer the finished item awaiting paint tomorrow.....

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:41 pm
by sstjc
Good god man slow down I can't keep up.... Lovely work but at the rate your knocking these out you'll need a bigger home.

Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:55 pm
by MDLR
Nice van , but the roof on the cattle wagon looks a bit warped.....................

Re: And another........

Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:04 pm
by andymctractor
Peter Butler:98943 wrote:I can't stand football!    What a waste of time!
 No interest in the Grand National either.
 So......  what to do on a wet Saturday (again?)
Ok I agree with you on the Grand National as I don't consider horse racing to be a sport even if though the Queen clearly disagrees with me.
However, I'm tempted to say that you have some real stock building skills that either you or someone else should use to create rolling stock or rolling stock kits for all of us.

Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:35 pm
by Peter Butler
MDLR:98948 wrote:Nice van , but the roof on the cattle wagon looks a bit warped.....................
You're right about the roof Brian. The reason is because it is not yet fixed to the body as I still want to install cattle inside.
The material I glued to the plastic has distorted the shape slightly but nothing that can't be put right.

Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:45 pm
by DickH
And again Peter!!

Re: And another........

Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:07 am
by Peter Butler
andymctractor:98949 wrote: Ok I agree with you on the Grand National as I don't consider horse racing to be a sport even if though the Queen clearly disagrees with me.
The last time we met she only discussed my role in museum work but next time I will pass on your concerns!

Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:34 am
by kandnwlr
Another fantastic addition. More pics of the line please :shock: :o :D

Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:56 am
by BIGNY
kandnwlr:98958 wrote:Another fantastic addition. More pics of the line please  :shock:  :o  :D
I totally agree with that ! :D

Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:00 am
by jim@NAL
peter the model making machine... top work yet again well done

Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:27 pm
by Dannypenguin
Image

Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:36 pm
by Andrew
My wife would be truly alarmed if I turned out models at the rate you do! Although I might get away with it if they were as lovely as the ones you produce, loving the W&L style vans. Surely you can't hold out for much longer against the temptation to buy a live-steamer to pull 'em all!

Thanks for the photos,

Andrew.

Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:19 pm
by Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Marvelous stuff, to think all of those wagons have been in existence for only a matter of days!