Page 1 of 4
Knocking 2 Ipe coaches together
Posted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:10 am
by St.Michael
Hi all.
Introducing my next project:

Posted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:30 am
by Peter Butler
You're going to need a bigger hammer!
Posted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:47 pm
by jim@NAL
bigger hammer???
Re: Knocking 2 Ipe coaches together
Posted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:10 pm
by andymctractor
St.Michael:94772 wrote:Hi all.
Introducing my next project:
Does this mean you are making both kits at the same time or does it mean you are joining the two kits to make a very unusual piece of rolling stock?
Good luck
Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:23 pm
by St.Michael
Does this mean you are making both kits at the same time or does it mean you are joining the two kits to make a very unusual piece of rolling stock?
Andymctractor: The picture in the middle is from O&K´s (Orenstein & Koppel) catalogue from the beginning of the 20 century. My idea is to smash the two kits together (with a hammer) and ending up with the O&K coach

Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:33 pm
by andymctractor
St.Michael:94844 wrote: My idea is to smash the two kits together (with a hammer) and ending up with the O&K coach

OK that is clear.
Good luck, you may need it.

Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:46 pm
by Gremlin
this is going to be an interesting mashup
Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:28 pm
by St.Michael
A small start...

[/img]
Posted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:00 am
by Big Jim
As a firm believer in the 'Bigger Hammer' Theory of construction/repair I congratulate you on your choice of suitable 'Luton Screwdriver'.
The Claw LS is much more useful for delicate work than the Ball Pein model.
But please remember the second golden rule, If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical fault!
But seriously, that it an interesting conversion that you have going on there. I look forward to seeing the finished result.
Posted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:35 am
by St.Michael
Big Jim

:D That´s my kind of humor

Again; My English is far from perfect, so what does "LS" stand for?
I continue building, and a lot of ekstra fittings and alignments have to be done. One may wonder if it´s really necessary with the Himalayan coach to build this, but I like the benches, and the set is a god source for all kind of extra parts.
On the picture you can see the cut down parts of the walls being glued in place. You can also see that I had to extend the floor, to make place for the open balconys in both ends of the coach (I came out a bit wrong when meassuring, I´ll have to deal with that later...)

IP Coach mash up
Posted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:05 pm
by Catweasel
You can fix electrical faults with a hammer. Just hit it!
Posted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:15 pm
by Big Jim
Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:34 am
by St.Michael
Always good to learn more

(I´ve learnt it as "American screwdriver")
I´m progressing on the O&K coach, and are now going to paint it at some places before gluing in the benches.

Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:39 pm
by St.Michael
Now I have built an open front, and are trying out with colours.

I´m not satisfied with the green colours showing on this picture. I want a warmer, more yellow kind of colour... So I just keep on mixing and testing different colours

Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:24 pm
by MDLR
I find Antique Pine and Light Oak wood stains are jdeal fo coach interiors, but they need to be applied to bare wood.

Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:38 pm
by jim@NAL
looking good
Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:46 pm
by Dr. Bond of the DVLR
What a fantastically bizzar thing! Marvelous
Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:28 pm
by St.Michael
Hi all. It´s been a while since I posted, but the work is in progress. I shall start by telling you a secret: I´m going to build two of them!! And that is because of the god service from Trackshack, where I ordered the two coaches. In the first delivery, the Lord P`s late coach was missing some important parts. I sent a mail asking for the parts, and instead of just the missing parts I got a whole extra set

So I have many parts to build from...
I have been working with the benches, and the main colours in and outside

And also prepairing for a roof. I´m not sure if I´m going to use the simple Ipe plastic roof, or making a planked lift off roof

Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:52 pm
by MDLR
That stain's looking very good! I'd go for the planked roof myself - a plastic one would detract from the quality of the rest!
Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:03 pm
by sstjc
Absolutely stunning !