Page 1 of 1

Lynton and barnstaple wagons

Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:39 pm
by LnBmad
As a side project I thought I'd have a go at a coal wagon. The bogies are wrong but I have used what I had spare. I still need to add the lettering and weight limits on the sides. The wagon itself is made from plywood for the floor and 1.5mm card for the sides and ends. Anyway, photos say a lot more than words....

Image

Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:42 pm
by Big Al
That looks very good I like it.

Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:49 pm
by laalratty
Very nice, how did you scribe the cardboard?

Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:02 pm
by LnBmad
Used the bladed end of a citadel sculpting tool. Sharp enough to create a good dent but blunt enough not to slice straight through.

Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:57 pm
by LnBmad
Following the success of the above wagon and a rummage through my bits... Today I started these:

Image

So that's another bogie wagon (same design) and 2 smaller wagons (correct l&b size but on binnie fr wagon axel boxes and binnie 6 spoke wheels). Am planning to host a steam up in the near future so hope to have these finished by then.... Need to order some couplings this week I think.

Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:06 pm
by WVLR
Do you need more Bogies Matt ? I still have a couple of
sets in stock.

Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:10 pm
by LnBmad
Always need more bogies mike! There's bound to be a project to fit them to at some point...

Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:18 pm
by WVLR
A few more sets of coaches perhaps :shock:

Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:20 pm
by LnBmad
Probably... Beading on carriage 7 on the agenda this week.

Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:21 pm
by WVLR
Nice one Matt, looking forward to seeing the photos :D

Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:28 pm
by LnBmad
Ill try not to disappoint. :)

Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:45 pm
by LnBmad
Now ready for paint tomorrow... Then just need to fit the couplings.

Image

Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:32 pm
by LnBmad
Image

Nearly there...

Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:24 am
by LnBmad
A box wagon set to join the rest of the goods stock

Image

Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:05 am
by Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Looks very neat, what is the roof made of, plasticard or cardboard?

Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:06 pm
by LnBmad
It's a cardboard roof.

Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:31 pm
by LnBmad
Second wagon completed to the same stage tonight. Next up is painting, fitting door handles and couplings. Hope to gave them running this weekend :)

Posted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:55 am
by LnBmad
Just need to fit handles and we are ready to go :)

Image