Page 1 of 1

IP shelly tram

Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:49 am
by jay1976
Has anyone got a IP engeneering Shelly(looks like toby from thomas the tank)
I quite fancy one as I like the look of a tram plus my almost 3 year old would like it.always a good thing as this may keep wife happy if I spend out on a engine.

Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:56 am
by tom_tom_go
This looks like a good buy as I was watching it but can't justify the price at the moment:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SHELLEY-TRAM- ... 1c344aefed

Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:29 am
by jay1976
already bidding on that one

Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:51 pm
by MDLR
It's actually available from IP Engineering again at the moment - see http://www.ipengineering.co.uk/page180.html

Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:16 pm
by jay1976
I first saw it in garden railway mag and looked on the web page and thought birthday prezzie for me later in the year then while searching ebay found 1 but if it goes above my max then will just wait till later in the year and buy a new kit and make one myself..
Will also radio control it with 2.4ghz control kit(which is pretty cheap to get online)

Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:26 pm
by jay1976
didnt win the ebay 1 so looks like it could be kit building for me later in the year then
anyone else have one?

Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:21 pm
by andymctractor
I bought one when the new batch was announced recently. I prefer radio control so I spoke to Ivan (its best to ring him) and took the simple way out and ordered the stuff from him. I already have a suitable controller. All I need now is batteries and he advised me a suitable trader.
The tram is nearing the top of my 'to do' pile but I can say it looks a nice kit. I have read about changing the gears to brass ones supplied by Cambrian but I havn't looked into this.

I'm tempted to try and wood stain the body rather than paint it but we will see.

Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:48 pm
by MDLR
andymctractor:85760 wrote:I'm tempted to try and wood stain the body rather than paint it but we will see.
That would work well!

Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:52 pm
by planty
When IP say remote control ready, is this for specific kit?