Page 1 of 1

Open Summer Coach

Posted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:45 am
by mhlr
Here's my latest build. It's a freelance bogie summer coach (may be there is one very similar on some railway - I don't know), that was built on the remains of my Locolines Corris coach. I screwed that up, because I wrecked a pannel cutting out all them windows, and because it was a special colour (trial one that I got for £20), I wouldnt be able to get a replacement.

I thought I'd make a Corris coach from wood, but it turned out like this instead!!! I may do one one day, but I have wanted to make a big summer coach (passengers complaining about the heat in the closed coaches in this Indian summer!! :lol: ), so I thought as it was simple to make, I could knock up a body in an afternoon. Here it is finished this evening (Saturday).

Image
Image


It still needs some finishing off, like a few paint touch ups, and logos or lettering along the side...

Posted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:50 am
by pauly
looks good :D

Posted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:02 am
by Matt
Cool, looks slightly like a ravenglass open coach, exect those have I think 6 seperate compartments instead of 1 long corridor.

Posted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:40 pm
by made-in-england
Looks like it wil fit in well on the MHLR!

Posted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:03 pm
by steamyjim
Brilliant Pete!

Posted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:32 pm
by laalratty
Looks good, although I think adding transfers like you said you would do would be a very good idea, those sides look a bit plain, and I am wondering how that started out as a corris coach...