Page 1 of 1
£4.99 bargain GVT coach :D
Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:09 pm
by mhlr
I got this GVT coach off ebay for 4.99 + P&P, bargain dont you think?! Its a scratch built one, its not that god due to windows all messy and not straight etc, but from a distance it looks great. Runs well too. All I did to it was replace the GVT on the sides to MHLR...

Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:20 pm
by SillyBilly
Not too bad!
Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:25 pm
by laalratty
Hmmm think id call it "rustic" but at £4:99 thats rather a good buy
Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:42 pm
by mhlr
laalratty wrote:Hmmm think id call it "rustic" but at £4:99 thats rather a good buy
spot on
Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:33 am
by alan2525
I rather like it, It has a sort of 'Rustic' Charm. Plus a lot of coaches on NG Railways ended up looking like that too when the frames started to fall apart after a long life and the roof boarding was rotting away!
Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:06 pm
by ptlrcecil
£4.99 cant be bit for that.
Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:18 pm
by ACLR
great price looks great to me
Re: £4.99 bargain GVT coach :D
Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:32 pm
by Hancockshire
mhlr wrote:I got this GVT coach off ebay for 4.99 + P&P, bargain dont you think?! Its a scratch built one, its not that god due to windows all messy and not straight etc, but from a distance it looks great. Runs well too. All I did to it was replace the GVT on the sides to MHLR...

Awww, what a lovely little coach. I think the windows add character.
Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:06 am
by mhlr
Well I passed it on last year to a up and coming line when he had no stock. Now, its been painted red, and now I've heard that he's filled it with cement :?: :?: :?:

:roll: :!: that his MSS can't now pull (oh I wonder why!).

Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:21 am
by SillyBilly
Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:22 am
by pauly
isnt it obvious? to make it heavier!

Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:25 am
by SillyBilly
I could *sort* of understand if it was a loco, but it would still be a bit excessive, but a coach, that's defeating the object of the game unless you have a Garratt.
Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:42 am
by mhlr
And he wonders why his MSS wont pull it.... :roll: Oh, and why the plastic wheelsets are bowing and falling out the axleboxes!