Page 1 of 1

Slaters Wheels

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:31 pm
by Marquis DeCarabas
I've got some 8 spoke Slater's wheels that I would like to replicate; however I suspect that they might be Gauge 1 wheels - and as the Slaters website gives only scale diameters it is very confusing.

The salient dimensions of the wheels are
  • tread diameter 31mm
  • flange diameter 36mm
  • tread depth 4.5mm
They're 8 spoke wagon wheels.

Which of the Slaters Wheels are they?

Conversely, can you still get the 32mm diameter Tenmille wheels?

Re: Slaters Wheels

Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:29 pm
by GTB
Marquis DeCarabas:56263 wrote:I've got some 8 spoke Slater's wheels that I would like to replicate; however I suspect that they might be Gauge 1 wheels - and as the Slaters website gives only scale diameters it is very confusing.

snip

Conversely, can you still get the 32mm diameter Tenmille wheels?
If you are certain they are Slaters wheels, then the dimensions suggest they are standard profile Gauge 1 8 spoke 3'1" wagon wheels - cat. no. S9110.

Brandbright still list 32mm 8 spoke wheels from Tenmille. Can't tell from the Tenmille website, as it's even less informative about wheels than Slaters.

Graeme