Page 1 of 1
ANLR Directors Saloon
Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:04 pm
by laalratty
Since new year I have slowly been building up this supurb kit (makes me want some of the other Brandbright panneled carriages...) and unlike Brian I've been pretty much following the written instructions, with some pre painting thrown in as well.
A couple of pics...

The major change here is the different livery! Bored with painting stuff green, I decided to take inspiration from the Furness Railway livery, and I rather like the results and sort of make me wish I had chosen this as my livery...

A rather boring pic of the unstarted interior. Still not sure what colour scheme is going to happen here, I suppose I had better throw in some corporate green somewhere. I've also decided to fit a spare tail light kit I've had lying around. I'd quite like to add some interior lights as well
Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:10 pm
by Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Teak and blue go very well indeed, looks very neat!
Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:47 pm
by MDLR
I've decided to run wires for lighting in grooves in the "glazing" layer of ply - it'll be neater than running lights down the middle like I usually do - besides, it'll make a removable roof easier.
Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:59 pm
by laalratty
Well I'm slowly carrying on with the directors carriage (although not fast enough for the directors liking....

) Quite a few of the minor details are done however

A large amount of mdeium oak wood stain and satin varnish

Internal details, ready for fitting. I did indeed pick corporate green for the seats and door backs, and off white for the toilet and kitchen areas

Working tail light, from IP engineeing, wiring fitting behind the inner panels

Battery box, which will fit between the solebars.
I'm hoping to have this finished by PTLR fest at the end of May, could be tight...
Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 9:21 am
by ptlrcecil
Everything about the ptlrfest schedule is tight lol. looking good though. look forward to seeing it with Sir Robin and the Furness rake.
Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 9:00 pm
by laalratty
Well I'll be back onto this on Sunday, having had my final exam on Friday and a steamup (Northumbrian group of all things...) on Saturday. That is two weeks until the fest. This is going to be very tight!!
But the sight of it on the back of Sir Robin's FR train will make it worth it
Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 10:49 pm
by Pendo Pilot
Wow. That is looking stunning, interior looks like a dolls house. In a good way.
Nice work & look forward to seeing the finished vehicle.
Posted: Wed May 18, 2011 8:49 pm
by laalratty
Famous last words, but after a few days of work it now looks like I should easily make the target of PTLR fest.

The second side has been put on, and the full interior has been added...

...meaning that at last Lord Idris Farr-Farr can try out the armchair for size

The interior, with added details inspired by Sir Haydn's directors coach serialised on here last year
Just needed now is some touching up of the paintwork on the side attached today, the roof (which I would like to make removeable) and the running gear and details.
Posted: Wed May 18, 2011 9:55 pm
by Narrow Minded
Stunning, ........... and the Directors at the Westwood & Loscoe are now complaining that demanding something similar!

Posted: Sat May 28, 2011 8:53 pm
by laalratty
Well I'll admit that in a couple of areas the carriage isn't
quite ready however it will make its debut tommorow as Lord Idris Faa Faa of the ANLR peruses the Pine Tree Light Railway. And rather nice his carriage looks too. But you'll have to wait until tommorow for pics

Posted: Sat May 28, 2011 10:19 pm
by Hancockshire
Lookin' good. I would like to make something like that out of an IP kit or something. I think it would be good
Posted: Sat May 28, 2011 10:49 pm
by taliesin001
looking forward to the pics tomorrow, judging by the pics above it promises to be another excellent model.
Posted: Sun May 29, 2011 9:16 pm
by laalratty
Well the directors carriage succesfully made several circuits of the PTLR behind several locos, and Lord Faa Faa was very pleased
Apologies for the pics not being that close up, I'll upload some more detailed ones if people want tommorow

A few initial laps behind Moelwyn (before it failed terminally with shredded gears...)

On the viaduct with the roof off

Lord Faa Faa looks on through the observation end, thouroughly enjoying his day out
PTLR fest pics to come!
Posted: Sun May 29, 2011 10:06 pm
by MuzTrem
Beautiful

And the blue-and-white livery complements your green-and-white rake perfectly.
Posted: Sun May 29, 2011 11:25 pm
by taliesin001
very nice

Posted: Mon May 30, 2011 6:16 am
by Pendo Pilot
Superb, you have done a cracking job with that.. I think a lot of other railways directors will be hassling the C&W dept now..
Posted: Mon May 30, 2011 9:18 am
by LMS-Jools
Loooks lovely in the flesh.

Another good building job done.