Discussion of Rolling Stock related topics should go here
-
Sir haydn
Post
by Sir haydn » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:08 pm
for xmas my other half bought me the D class wagon from AnDel. Looking at photos of these wagons they always seemed a little distressed, so out came the dremel and a little dry brushing. the photos dont show the wagon too well, I have rounded the edges on the top plank and knocked some dints into the 'woodwork'. The only thing i didnt like on the kit is the under frame protectors are straight and not bent, so I fabricated some new from brass and rivited them to the resin under frame.

-
taliesin001
Post
by taliesin001 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:12 pm
very nice, I plan to order one tomorrow actually. Also fitting the brandbright choppers like you. This is to go with the WHR stock. I need to find some better pics so I can see where the lettering goes though.
-
Sir Clothem Cap
- Driver

- Posts: 1708
- Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:45 pm
- Location: Hampshire
-
Contact:
Post
by Sir Clothem Cap » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:29 pm
Wow that looks exceptional Well done.
-
Tom
Post
by Tom » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:40 pm
Excellent! The dry-brushing has given a good effect too
Im just waiting for Swanswood to get back to me about their W.D Kits or I will be purcahsing 1 or 2 from AnDel

-
laalratty
Post
by laalratty » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:49 pm
Tom:46432 wrote:
Im just waiting for Swanswood to get back to me about their W.D Kits or I will be purcahsing 1 or 2 from AnDel :)
From what I've heared Swanswood are all but defunct and you might as well just go straight to AnDel
-
Sir haydn
Post
by Sir haydn » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:55 pm
yes, swanswood are all but gone, DJB are looking to re-release them under their own name maybe next year
-
Tom
Post
by Tom » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:11 pm
From what I've heared Swanswood are all but defunct and you might as well just go straight to AnDel ****** yes, swanswood are all but gone
ah thanks for the heads up guys

, now it makes sense that I wasnt getting replies, they told me at the end of sept or oct that they had just re-tooled the kits and the kits were being packed up ready for sale ..... obviously not
Sir Hadyn by next year you mean 2012?

-
Sir haydn
Post
by Sir haydn » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:17 pm
yes, this year they are going to concentrate on brass castings and loco production
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 46 guests