Page 1 of 1

HNGR's VoR coach

Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:09 pm
by Hancockshire
Second attempt at posting. My VoR coach had arrived today. Here are pictures

Image
Image

The first stage was to dye the interior (sides, ends, floor & benches), drop lights & side steps in a shade of Peruvian Mahogany
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

The Painting stage. My first colour choice was going to be Crimson & Cream but I chose crimson on it's own instead
Image
Image

Roof fitting stage
This was a lot easier than I first thought actually. At the time of typing, I'm just waiting for the glue to dry
Image
Image
Even when fully assembled, the interior still looks good

The coach is nearly finished. Just need to get the holes drilled in the couplings (shame I don't have a drill) that I will see if I can get done tomorrow

Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:28 pm
by taliesin001
if you wanted to get rid of the grain when painting give it a few coats, rubbing down between each one. This will leave you with a nice smooth finish. Coach is looking nice though, I like the shade of the interior.

Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:44 pm
by 90733
Very nice, good livery :D How about a pic of all your stock :D

Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:05 pm
by Sir Clothem Cap
Great looking coach Just needs a mamod in front now :D

Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:23 pm
by made-in-england
Looking good, If you need a drill you can get a handrills in argos for about a tenner.

Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:37 pm
by Tom
Excellent!! :) After making up the VoR Bogie Summer Coach I have just ordered, I shall be purchasing 2 of these to go either side with my VoR Brake at the back :D

Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:49 pm
by MDLR
Looks well - I normally drill the buffer beams for the couplings BEFORE I start assembly - it's MUCH easier! This applies to all kits I build that don't have pre-drilled holes - even then, I check that the couplings will fit before I start assembly.

Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:50 pm
by Sir Clothem Cap
How easy are these kits?

Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:57 pm
by Tom
How easy are these kits?
I wouldnt say they are that hard at all, but i havent built this one ive built the VoR Matchboard Guards Van and that has a few more bits :D But it went together really well :D no hassle with it at all, there's a picture of the finisheed article in my HWLR thread.

Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:06 pm
by Hancockshire
taliesin001 wrote:if you wanted to get rid of the grain when painting give it a few coats, rubbing down between each one. This will leave you with a nice smooth finish. Coach is looking nice though, I like the shade of the interior.
Thanks. I like the look of the grain though. I think that it suits it quite well
Sir Clothem Cap wrote:Great looking coach Just needs a mamod in front now :D
I know. I can't wait. I will get the money for it sent off on Monday
90733 wrote:Very nice, good livery How about a pic of all your stock :D
Here you go
Image
Image
Image
Image
I should point out that the coach is now finished. The hooks for the couplings are paper clips. A very cheap easy solution. Once the glue cures fully, it should look better

Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:11 pm
by 90733
I like that collection of stock, with the mamod coming you'll be sorted ;)

Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:13 pm
by Sir Clothem Cap
Woo a good looking train you have there. is the box van behind the 4 plank wagon attempting time travel?

Have you laid any track in your garden?

Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:17 pm
by made-in-england
Whatver happend to the bug box? that was very good!

Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:30 pm
by Hancockshire
Sir Clothem Cap wrote:Woo a good looking train you have there. is the box van behind the 4 plank wagon attempting time travel?

Have you laid any track in your garden?
I haven't got a box van. If you mean the guard's van, no, it's not the new Tardis. I just put my new 7th Doctor figure (11 doctors set release) there just to show it off. I have a little bit of track in the garden but my dad wont let me build. I'm quite happy to take stuff to open days though seeing as there is a garden railway a couple of streets away
90733 wrote:I like that collection of stock, with the mamod coming you'll be sorted ;)
Thanks. I do like my collection of stock a lot. I was quite happy to have my Brandbright GS6 & my Ip guard's van but with the coach in the middle, it really looks the part. When the Mamod is mine, it'll be a very fine train to run. It'll be great fun to receive comments at open days.

I do like the kit. It was very easy to assemble & the parts are well made. I have been after one of these since I joined the forum back in 2008 & I'm very pleased I've now got one. I do love it's lines. very fine but it's also my heaviest item so I would need more power to have the full train shifted at garden railways so i'm glad I'm buying the Mamod :lol:

Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:52 pm
by Sir Clothem Cap
no the brown fronted one!
Image[/url]

Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:55 pm
by Tom
Image
Sir Clothem Cap its the Coach not a box van as you can see the outline of the windows on the side of the reflection :D

Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:57 pm
by Sir Clothem Cap
aah the double reflection fooled me :D

Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:16 pm
by Hancockshire
UPDATE!!!

I found my tin of cream paint. The upper half has been painted in the stuff. Looks like an IoM VoR hybrid :lol:. It looks very smart & at the time of typing, it's still drying!!! Last night & tore the roof off & cleaned the windows. Looks a lot better now. Pictures are coming when I get the SL1 so watch out