Page 1 of 1
new toy
Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:42 am
by bessytractor
saw this on ebay, and I've always loved the Titfield Thunderbolt so it had to be bought!
Its a GRS W&U coach that WAS 32mm, I've since regauged it to 45mm simply by spreading the wheels a bit. Its got lights and a nice paint job and all that guffaw, what really attracted me to it was the fact that, like the film version, its got a bar built into it :lol:
I was astounded when it ran round LGB R1 curves. Its been banned from being pulled by the mad mamod, or at least until I can summon the courage to try it! For now the RC fitted Ruby can pull it. I'm going to get a suitable cattle truck and brake van to represent the Titfield train as seen at the start of the film.
I wonder what a 16mm scale model of 1401 would look like?

Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:47 am
by andysleigh
that better be a working bar!
cool stuff!
Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:15 am
by Pendo Pilot
Thats very nice, if a tad on the brightside.
BTW, who's been spraying red oxide on the top of that column!!

Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:32 am
by bessytractor
Pendo Pilot wrote:Thats very nice, if a tad on the brightside.
BTW, who's been spraying red oxide on the top of that column!! :twisted:
you know thats exactly what my dad says!
yeah it is quite flamboyant but then so am I

Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:02 am
by taliesin001
I like it, it's a great looking carriage

Posted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:20 pm
by MuzTrem
Yep, that's a mighty fine-lookin' Wisbech and Upwell coach.
WHY DOESN'T
MINE LOOK LIKE THAT?!
(Probably because the instructions were useless and the balcony railings badly designed - I notice that even the ones on this coach look to be bent in places!)
Still, you've got yourself a good buy there, so well done

Posted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:27 pm
by bessytractor
MuzTrem wrote:Yep, that's a mighty fine-lookin' Wisbech and Upwell coach.
WHY DOESN'T
MINE LOOK LIKE THAT?!
(Probably because the instructions were useless and the balcony railings badly designed - I notice that even the ones on this coach look to be bent in places!)
Still, you've got yourself a good buy there, so well done

I wondered when you'd pipe up :lol:
yeah the railings on this are damaged a bit, I've repaired them as best I can. They aren't exactly the simplest things to replicate in any scale. I've always shied away from making a 7 1/4 version to go with my tram because of this reason.
Yours looks fine lol.
Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:39 am
by Narrow Minded
I have to agree with the above comments - that is a
really nice carriage, and I can't understand how come I never spotted it! I've been watching eBay for quite a while for some passenger stock for the Westwood & Loscoe..........................

Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:31 am
by bessytractor
it was extremely reasonably priced, £100 BIN!
considering the price of the kit I didn't have to think long about it.