Skip Coupling Adaptor
Posted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:42 am
In the files section of the FR Yahoo group there's a photograph of coupling adaptors that the FR use. I thought I'd knock one up for my skips so that they can be coupled directly to Accucraft choppers.
So, the mk 1 version looks like this, made from some scrap from an etched brass kit:

It slips over the end of a Binnie skip:

And can be coupled to a normal chopper, even those attached to bogie vehicles without derailing the skip:


The last picture shows a skip coupled to a Slaters Hudson bogie which has a modified Accucraft chopper fitted:

When I have a spare five minutes I'll make another for the other end of my raft of skips, but fitted with a chopper (my line is end to end and vehicle couplings only have a chopper at one end).
So, the mk 1 version looks like this, made from some scrap from an etched brass kit:

It slips over the end of a Binnie skip:

And can be coupled to a normal chopper, even those attached to bogie vehicles without derailing the skip:


The last picture shows a skip coupled to a Slaters Hudson bogie which has a modified Accucraft chopper fitted:

When I have a spare five minutes I'll make another for the other end of my raft of skips, but fitted with a chopper (my line is end to end and vehicle couplings only have a chopper at one end).