Page 1 of 6
My latest Carriage.....
Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:32 pm
by laalratty
.... is going to be based on the Welsh Highland railway Ashbury buffet car. As with the rest of my prototype stock the length is roughly to scale but the height and width are to suit my loading gauge. The drawing has been done, so work should start soon when I get some 4mm thick ply for the floor and ends. I will keep posting photos as work continues so you can all see what goes into scratchbuilding coaches. Bogies and wheels will be from Brandbright, and couplings and vac pipes from IP engineering. As for when it will be finished, god knows

Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:02 pm
by SillyBilly
I'm looking forward to this, I'm sure it will be up to the excellent standard that all your other models are.
Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:04 pm
by laalratty
Thanks, if your lucky it might be runnable when you come up

Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:15 pm
by ptlrcecil
How many coaches will taht make in your train 6-7?
Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:25 pm
by mhlr
Oooooooh, sounds great! I need to build some coaches to suit Edrig, as mine are rather small. I have 2 sets of bogies...

Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:09 pm
by laalratty
ptlrcecil wrote:How many coaches will taht make in your train 6-7?
not 6 not 7 but 8

well actually 2 rakes of 4 but im sure me and LMSjools will couple them together one day and double head them up his 1 in 60
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:18 am
by riveresk
Ooh, another coach, how about doing a buffet car sometime? 'Kathryn's snacks'
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:19 pm
by SillyBilly
This is a Buffet Carr

!
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:32 pm
by laalratty
riveresk wrote:Ooh, another coach, how about doing a buffet car sometime? 'Kathryn's snacks' ;)
Do you read postings properly or are you just trying to be annoying
it certainly would not be Kathryns snacks, you've already got K C Glover publishers on the W and L van
By the way the signiture from Ivor the engine is much more relevent than the Doctor who one

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:37 pm
by riveresk
Fine then, but just remember who bought you that van
.
Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:37 pm
by ptlrcecil
Domestic!
Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:59 pm
by laalratty
This is what I was afraid of when riveresk joined the forum!!!!!!
Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:04 pm
by SillyBilly
Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:21 pm
by riveresk
And I thought that we were being perfectly civilised. I still think that the buffet car is a good idea though.
My job = making suggestions and my brother refusing to carry them out due to creative differences,

Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:28 am
by ptlrcecil
Thats the way of the world.
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:20 pm
by bungle80a
So laalratty, any progress yet beyond drawings?
Any chance of seeing 'Kathryns snacks', sorry, i mean your Ashbury inspired buffet car yet? or perhaps a shot of your drawings?
How long do you think it'll take to build. I started scratch building a carriage 4 and a half years ago. Still unfinished! Although to be fair, I didnt have a clue what I was doing back then, so its probably best being used for fire wood!
Bungle80a
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:15 pm
by ptlrcecil
Well you could set it alright and do a john fox style photo shoot.
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:10 am
by bungle80a
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:58 pm
by laalratty
Sorry with being a bit late replying, I've spent 2 days trying to self distruct myself on the pway gang at Ravenglass
Might put up photo of drawings if I can get one to come out well, the floor and ends have been marked out on wood ready for cutting out, and most of the wood for the rest of the coach is in stock, but completion timeing could be weeks

or months

as I am rubbish at trying to gestimate how quickly it will take to build something
Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:02 pm
by riveresk
Hmm, my guess would be that you finish itbefore I leave for Uni in September - just. Have a good time up at the Ratty?