Page 1 of 2

Andel Models Semi open carriage

Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:26 pm
by Dr. Bond of the DVLR
This was the biggest buy of the show,
Image
Allready I have started to construct it to compliment my new teak rake of carriages when thought suddenly struck me
Image
The train above would have 8 axles and is the maximum train length (excluding loco) that the railway can hold. There would be no room for my all important, vital guard's carriage with the air pump. So I decided to make a guards compartment with the excess pieces that came in the Andel kit. This is just a mock up but what do you think?
Image
Image
Image

Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:34 pm
by Matt
Looks good.

Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:36 pm
by Merddin Emrys
It looks very nice indeed! :D

Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:55 pm
by 90733
I think that guards compatment is a good idea. Makes it different to all the other kits that have been built (and looks good :D )

Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:58 pm
by taliesin001
very nice. :D

Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:01 pm
by SillyBilly
That's a great idea and looks fantastic.

Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:05 pm
by LMS-Jools
Yup great idea. :D

Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:20 pm
by Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Goodness! I'll go ahead with it then! I have come up with preliminary ideas of fitting breaks to the bogies as well..... I love the colour, andel mixed it up specially!

Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:52 pm
by andysleigh
brill Zach!
I look forward to seeing it finished

Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:11 pm
by mhlr
Lovely, go ahead! Would look quite different from any other.

Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:11 pm
by METHSSNIFFER
Mr Bond take a look on you tube under the ending Lego tecknic pump there is a vid on air brakes applied to a lego car.

Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:15 pm
by laalratty
Looks fantastic, I'd say send a pic to Andy, I'm sure he'd like to see it

Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:27 pm
by Dr. Bond of the DVLR
yeah will do, I phoned him to ask about these spare planked sheets and he was very interested. Might introduce it into the range if he likes it enough!

Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:38 pm
by 90733
Mr. Bond of the DVLR wrote:yeah will do, I phoned him to ask about these spare planked sheets and he was very interested. Might introduce it into the range if he likes it enough!
Remeber to tell him to put a little text saying:
Designed by Zach Bond
:lol:

Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:10 pm
by MoelygestLR
Brilliant Idea!
Nice Mod on the kit there.

Now I know I am being very Picky indeed but I think maybe it would be better with some wooden planking the other side of the door as well, although trial it first as it may look too much and make it too enclosed for an open coach.

Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:57 am
by Dr. Bond of the DVLR
I had thought about it but I don't think I have enough spare planking for that.
Image
The overall view currently, just propped up on some humbrol cans for now, The struts have been painted black, the roof needs painting white now.
Image
The holes have been drilled for the break pipes,
Image
The guards compartment now assembled.
Image
Image
A little look in, the guard has two seats and a desk on which I'll put a break control, some flags, a log book and a non working pressure gauge. The compartment could also do with some shelves.
Now I have one spare bit of planking left over so
Image
Should it go at the passenger end?
Image
The brake end?
Image
or should it be cut in half and used to enclose the guard a little more?

Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:12 am
by MoelygestLR
Brake end I would say but not to enclose the area any more.

Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:14 am
by Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Oh right, between the windows or cut in half and put on the opposite sides of the door?

Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:24 am
by MoelygestLR
I'd say between the windows. Where else will you hang the shelves?

Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:45 am
by taliesin001
I would agree, between the gaurds windows.