My slightly less secret MOTY entry

Discussion of Rolling Stock related topics should go here
User avatar
Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Retired Director
Retired Director
Posts: 4533
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 pm
Location: Suffolk
Contact:

My slightly less secret MOTY entry

Post by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:32 pm

Ok one picture of a mock up of the interior, well I say mock up, I just need to paint the seats, glaze and varnish the walls and add other detailing and stick it all in but just to give you the general idea...
Image

OKOK another one then!
Then longitudinal benches are apparent...
Image
The floor has already been weathered.
Image
The railway which people forgot
(to build)

plewsy2105

Post by plewsy2105 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:33 pm

:shock: speechless......i want one :lol:

plewsy2105

laalratty

Post by laalratty » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:33 pm

Now that looks NICE! I hate people with laser cutters :lol:

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director
Posts: 4336
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:16 pm
Location: Shropshire, England

Post by mhlr » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:35 pm

Good lord Mr Bond... Speechless!! You really are a dab hand at that 2D design. I have the package now so must learn to use it properly! (I'll have to show you a drawing of my you know what project once I finished it).

Would you consider making more of these coaches? ;)
Image

Narrow Minded

Post by Narrow Minded » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:36 pm

Oh wow :shock:

That's looking excellent!

User avatar
Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Retired Director
Retired Director
Posts: 4533
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 pm
Location: Suffolk
Contact:

Post by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:39 pm

GOSH! many thanks indeed for you kind comments!
I am sort of trying to push the boat out. Highly commended was nice but....

It used to be an IP 2 compartment carriage...
Image
The railway which people forgot
(to build)

SillyBilly

Post by SillyBilly » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:58 pm

WOW, if you don't win MOTY Juniors, then something is wrong, make sure the roof is removable!
Last edited by SillyBilly on Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Retired Director
Retired Director
Posts: 4533
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 pm
Location: Suffolk
Contact:

Post by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:59 pm

am doing! I hate unremovable rooves!
Image
The railway which people forgot
(to build)

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director
Posts: 4336
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:16 pm
Location: Shropshire, England

Post by mhlr » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:21 am

I wanna see mini-Town's face when he sees it :lol: :lol:
Having said that, I bet he's got hold of a laser cutter now too :sign5:
Image

MoelygestLR

Post by MoelygestLR » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:00 am

If this is the standard of the junior entries I'm bu99ered if I enter my shabby engine shed in there, definatley Lineside! (theres less entries usually meaning more chance of winning or is that just my crazy idea!). that is of course providing it is finished in time.

Anyway as has been said, beautiful work! fancy doing comissions?

LMS-Jools

Post by LMS-Jools » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:38 am

Luvvly Jubbly 8)

User avatar
Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Retired Director
Retired Director
Posts: 4533
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 pm
Location: Suffolk
Contact:

Post by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:40 am

As to commissions I'd love to and have made a few bits and bobs for a few people however I am legally not allowed to sell anything I make with school property. :cry: :cry:
I need to get me a LASER cutter....
Image
The railway which people forgot
(to build)

Merddin Emrys

Post by Merddin Emrys » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:47 am

WoW!! :shock: :D astonishing, love it, just how much is a laser cutter and how easy / hard is it to use one?

Endless, Nameless

Post by Endless, Nameless » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:04 am

Merddin Emrys wrote:WoW!! :shock:  :D  astonishing, love it, just how much is a laser cutter and how easy / hard is it to use one?
A lot, and very easy!

Mr Bonds eye for detail and shape is most impressive, as is his CAD design skills- most impressed.

made-in-england
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver
Posts: 826
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 4:22 pm

Post by made-in-england » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:12 pm

SillyBilly wrote:WOW, if you don't win MOTY Juniors, then something is wrong, make sure the roof is removable!
Hes not the chairmans son :? :lol:

very nice model mr. B!
Passengers are reminded not to tease the engines

MDLR

Post by MDLR » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:33 pm

That looks very nice indeed - you'll have to start taking commissions! You won't charge us, of course, but I'm sure Arrangements could be made......................

SillyBilly

Post by SillyBilly » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:03 pm

MoelygestLR wrote:If this is the standard of the junior entries I'm bu99ered if I enter my shabby engine shed in there, definatley Lineside! (theres less entries usually meaning more chance of winning or is that just my crazy idea!).
Erm Paul, your not exactly a junior anymore either.

User avatar
Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Retired Director
Retired Director
Posts: 4533
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 pm
Location: Suffolk
Contact:

Post by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:35 pm

OK, a little advice would be appreciated. Should I paint the seats green considering they have gone a mankey grey, black charcoal colour in places or varnish them and hope for the best.
The luggage rack will be green and some picture frames will be green so maybe the seats should be too. Everything else will be varnished and weathered.
Image
The railway which people forgot
(to build)

MDLR

Post by MDLR » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:57 pm

Mr. Bond of the DVLR wrote:Should I paint the seats green considering they have gone a mankey grey, black charcoal colour in places or varnish them and hope for the best.
I'd be tempted to LIGHTLY sand them, stain them with Coloron wood stain, THEN varnish. You could stain the "walls" light oak, and the seats walnut or red mahogany.

That would be a lot more "carriage-like"...........

laalratty

Post by laalratty » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:30 pm

I'd agree with what Brian has said, seats are usually stained rather then painted

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests