Page 1 of 1

Sprat 'n' Winkle.

Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:19 pm
by made-in-england
Today the rapier took some skips around the line to check the tracks over the the mothers day special at the weekend.. (yeah right like im going to have time to play trains!)

Up the gradient.
Image

Past the Porus Pot works ( ;) )
Image

The name "Sprat N Winkle" comes from the line that once ran through my village between romsey and andover. Infact the railway bridge bricks now form our garden wall :)

Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:56 pm
by PCLR
its the mother day steam at bucks i hope to get a cab ride on the sentails

nice railway better than mine ,its in a box

Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:31 pm
by Dr. Bond of the DVLR
I love the industrial feel you've got there. What else are you planning for this railway?

Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:38 pm
by made-in-england
No idea atm...
thanks for the kind words mr.B

Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:13 pm
by MDLR
Sprat & Winkle is also the name for a line of couplings in 4mm scale: see http://www.modelsignals.com/sprat&winkle_frame.htm

Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:14 pm
by SillyBilly
That's shot with the pots certainly has character 8) .

Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:53 pm
by made-in-england
Thanks! When this bloody rain stops ill have crack at getting it a bit more level so the pretania goes round easier.

Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:51 pm
by made-in-england
First passenger services of the year where ran today..

see link for pictures.

http://will15.photobook.org.uk/c1832119.html

Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:58 pm
by MDLR
I wonder why that coach looks familiar??

Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:52 pm
by MTA
MDLR wrote:I wonder why that coach looks familiar??
Instead of a well travelled wagon, we now have a well travelled coach!

Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:02 pm
by made-in-england
I must ask to one of you, how did it come to have a laccy band in it :? :idea:

Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:36 pm
by MDLR
I have absolutely NO idea! I don't think it had one in it when it left me.............

Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:09 pm
by MTA
MDLR wrote:I have absolutely NO idea! I don't think it had one in it when it left me.............
And I don't know how it got there either! No idea how it could get in there in it's built up state...

Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:46 pm
by made-in-england
Put some pictures from today on the website which is in my signature..

Will