Page 1 of 1
Is This The EeZee-est Build Ever?
Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:00 pm
by MDLR
I bought a wagon yesterday at Lincoln - it's now built!
See:
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/mdltrly/beerwagon.html for the full story!
Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:03 pm
by Sir haydn
Nice one brian. Water you indian ink down more. and let it flow into the grain

Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:10 pm
by SillyBilly
Mine's a Tetley's please...
You should try the Andel little flat waggon, he suggests superglue so you don't even have to wait for the glue to dry, think I buit one in about 10 minuites!
Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:12 pm
by Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Beautiful, looks a ncie size flatbed. Might have to get one for more vinegar transportation
or ginger beer!
Love the planking
Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:42 pm
by MDLR
Sir haydn wrote:Nice one Brian. Water your Indian ink down more. and let it flow into the grain ;)
The problem was PVA on the planks - wouldn't allow the ink to take - hence the stain.
Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:00 am
by mhlr
Superb, although if the Ezee range is also aimed at younger modellers, I don't think "Barney the Beer Can Wagon" would go down too well with the parents
Love the weathering, has it got a rusty chassis?
Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:31 am
by MTA
MDLR wrote:Sir haydn wrote:Nice one Brian. Water your Indian ink down more. and let it flow into the grain

The problem was PVA on the planks - wouldn't allow the ink to take - hence the stain.
It's still a good weathering job, as the wagon looks as if it has been left out in the wet and damp for a long period of time

Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:54 am
by Sir haydn
Does it carry bacon if you model a jamacan prototype....sorry.....I'll get mi coat :p
Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:23 pm
by ptlrcecil
mhlr wrote:Superb, although if the Ezee range is also aimed at younger modellers, I don't think "Barney the Beer Can Wagon" would go down too well with the parents :lol: :lol:
Love the weathering, has it got a rusty chassis?
I would have thought wagon with beer would go down better for the parents than it would with the Kids.
Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:18 pm
by METHSSNIFFER
Wooden axleboxes?
Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:41 pm
by mhlr
METHSSNIFFER wrote:Wooden axleboxes?
...brass inserts.
Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:58 pm
by MDLR
.............. and brass inserts to you, too!
Posted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:29 pm
by Hancockshire
I want some to take refreshments around at open days
Posted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:35 pm
by MoelygestLR
slate waggons did that job fine at Llanberis didnt they Will
Posted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:45 pm
by MDLR
Hancockshire wrote:I want some to take refreshments around at open days
I have a feeling that after being carried on one of these wagons, beer or pop might be just a little "lively", if you know what I mean!
Posted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:54 pm
by Dr. Bond of the DVLR
I get many coments at shows about the vinegar transporter wagon. Many people say
"Oh thats a good idea..... for beer!"
Now all we need is a salted peanut wagon and we are sorted!
Posted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:57 pm
by MoelygestLR
soon there will be a prototype for it as well
