Page 1 of 2

is it just me...

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:52 pm
by Hancockshire
...But hasn't anyone noticed that there are a complete lack of Talyllyn rolling stock kits on the market. If anyone says Perfect world, prepare to wake up with a horses head in their bed. As I say-
Perfect world, everything's perfect, but the price

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:01 pm
by SillyBilly
Perfect World, Tenmille, may even be one or two others.

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:06 pm
by Dr. Bond of the DVLR
I suppose you might be right however there is also a compleet lack of many other railway's distinctive carriages such as
Southwold railway
Rye and camber tramway
And many more but I can not think at the moment.

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:07 pm
by Hancockshire
Will, I warned you not to say perfect world

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:10 pm
by MTA
Mr. Bond of the DVLR wrote:I suppose you might be right however there is also a compleet lack of many other railway's distinctive carriages such as
Southwold railway
Rye and camber tramway
And many more but I can not think at the moment.
Groudle Glen, Sierra Leone, Leek & Manifold...

Then again, GG coaches might be a bit complex and no-one commercially produces a Polar Bear or Sea Lion (which is a damn shame!) Someone did produce the battery electric Polar Bear for a while though. You see it advertised in old issues of Garden Rail...

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:46 pm
by Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Groudle Glen, Sierra Leone, Leek & Manifold
Thanks for coming to my rescue, my mind is fairly frazled. I am exhausted- all this trying to get better!

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:12 pm
by made-in-england
I wouldnt mind a groudle glenn set!

There was a model of the later "electric" polar bear in the bulleteitn some months ago now.

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:14 pm
by Matt
I would like to see some Heywood kits.

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:38 pm
by Sir haydn
Triassic, ron grant ;)
I primerally model the talyllyn. I have loads of kits! I dont find it a problem

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:47 pm
by Sir haydn
Image
Plenty of rolling stock there, althow i admit 2 or 3 pieces are scratch built

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:49 pm
by Merddin Emrys
You could try scratch building :)

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:51 pm
by Merddin Emrys
Sir haydn wrote:Image
Plenty of rolling stock there, althow i admit 2 or 3 pieces are scratch built
I love that, just like being there and popping in the cafe for tea and a cake! :D

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:10 pm
by Sir haydn
sadly that scene nolonger exists in its model form. althow it is planned to make its return, and it will be even better!
the rolling stock you see there is only half of it. I have enough TR rolling stock to make 2 complete scale passenger trains.

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:18 pm
by TonyW

Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:17 am
by Narrow Minded
Hancockshire, if your saving up for something (which I understand from other threads that you are), you might want to check out this link

http://home.iae.nl/users/summer/16mmngm ... nsTech.htm

You'll have to sign up (Free) and then you can download, print out and make (Free except wheels & couplings etc - but there are ways of making them for Free) a variety of coaches, including TR :D

Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:25 pm
by Hancockshire
I'll have a look

Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:02 pm
by MuzTrem
MTA wrote:Leek & Manifold...
GRS produce a range of L&M rolling stock. Personally I wouldn't suggest buying them, given my past experience of GRS kits, but they are there...

Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:44 pm
by 90733
Why? Whats wrong with GRS kits? (i wouldn/t know never built any.)

Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:08 pm
by PCLR
QRS kits are great i have build a brake van it was very well designed

Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:21 pm
by MuzTrem
90733 wrote:Why? Whats wrong with GRS kits? (i wouldn/t know never built any.)
I find they don't go together very easily, and this problem is compounded by the fact that the instructions are bascially non-existant. They're certainly not for the beginner, at any rate.