Page 1 of 1

Festiniog Bogie Coach No. 15

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:41 pm
by METHSSNIFFER
This is the completed side of coach 15 I started last year I have other side cut and ready to paint and line. No machining no fancy laser cutter just a blade a blister or two and some patience!
[This is intended for the 1870s vintage stock Im in the progress of building.

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:44 pm
by laalratty
Absolutely wonderful. How did you get the curves on the window corners?

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:45 pm
by METHSSNIFFER
a file!

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:47 pm
by laalratty
I thought it wouldn't be easy! I think it would take more patience then I have, I'll stick to square windowed carriages :lol:

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:27 pm
by mhlr
Jeeeeese that's good! :shock: :P Must have taken some time!

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:36 pm
by METHSSNIFFER
The red and gold lining takes the time and the patience. You think how long it takes to build the real thing. Filing doesnt take that much patience its only the finishing. You need a curved back needle file simples!

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:08 pm
by Merddin Emrys
That is incredible, I love it! :D

Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:55 am
by taliesin001
laalratty wrote:Absolutely wonderful. How did you get the curves on the window corners?
To get the round corners to the windows I normally use a leather punch made from a piece of steel tube to the right diameter. I then use a hammer to punch it. I cut it out by joining up the holes. I tried filing but too long for me, I haven't got that much patience.

Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:07 pm
by LMS-Jools
Lovely work. 8)

Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:25 pm
by METHSSNIFFER
My rolling stock is progressing well and I will continue to update you of their progress. Progress of which has been halted somewhat that all the sides of this coach were finished and I put them safe somewhere and cant bl---dy find em. But I am getting organised to be continued..

Posted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:29 am
by METHSSNIFFER
I think I know where they are!