Page 1 of 1

AnDel bug box

Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:24 pm
by Sir haydn
Heres my effort, waiting for some brandbright copper couplings. hand rails and brake pipes.

Image

Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:44 pm
by Hancockshire
Nice. I want one but I've only got a fiver & a Twenty pound street voucher

Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:40 pm
by laalratty
Very nice, looks like you've got a good paint finish

Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:49 pm
by Sir haydn
the resin needs rubbing down to make a good base but worth the effort.

Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:03 pm
by Dr. Bond of the DVLR
My second (green and red first) will be arriving soon. I wont paint it just to see the comparison!

Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:10 am
by Merddin Emrys
Sir Haydn's looks great painted like that, I've just built one and was'nt sure about painting it so Have not put the glazing in yet, I'm going to paint mine once I know where to get the correct paint!

By the way I drilled the holes for the hand rails and door handle exactly following the instructions only to find when looking at pics of the prototypes that the holes are in the wrong place! nothing a bit of filler won't cure though :lol:

It goes well with my ebay scratchbuilt bugbox although I think the Ebug sits higher on its wheels

Image

Image

Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:23 am
by DolwyddelanLightRail
I really should start to make/buy some decent rolling stock soon, my mamod stuff it's the best of all things! :roll: :lol:

Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:23 pm
by mhlr
I'm going to need some FfR stock for my Linda when she arrives :lol: Andel bug boxes would be ideal...

Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:34 pm
by Merddin Emrys
Ive modified the door handle location using some car filler, filled the incorrect holes and drilled a new one, it's in the paintshop now!

Image

Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:17 pm
by Merddin Emrys
I've painted mine now, just waiting for brakepipes and FR crests!

Image

Took this pic then noticed the roof was'nt on right :lol:
Image

Image

Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:51 pm
by taliesin001
WOW! That looks great. Saw these at Lincoln at the weekend and was very tempted. Looks like they make up into a very nice model! :D

Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:01 am
by mhlr
That bug box looks lovely, really good job! Bet it looks a treat behind Linda.