TINY build

What is your latest project?
Post Reply
User avatar
ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 8018
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:20 pm
Location: Cheshire
Contact:

TINY build

Post by ge_rik » Thu Oct 08, 2026 7:37 pm

One of my various correspondents drew my attention to an attractive little loco which once graced the metals of the 3' 9" gauge Fayles Tramway in Dorset. Constructed by Stephen Lewin in around 1868, it was originally named CORFE but, when it was transferred to Fayles Tramway in 1906 it was given the name of TINY.
Tiny.jpg
Tiny.jpg (572.03 KiB) Viewed 177 times
Source: George Moon Collection

With some prompting, I tracked down plans in edition 121 of The NG&IRM Review and over the past couple of months have been slowly producing 3D printed parts. I have now started construction. There's a fair bit more to do in terms of detailing, but it seems to be coming together.
DSCI1393.JPG
DSCI1393.JPG (3.8 MiB) Viewed 177 times
DSCI1394.JPG
DSCI1394.JPG (2.95 MiB) Viewed 177 times

I'll keep you posted.

Rik
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube

User avatar
SimonWood
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver
Posts: 813
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:46 pm
Location: West Wales
Contact:

Re: TINY build

Post by SimonWood » Thu Oct 08, 2026 7:51 pm

Love it Rik. What a characterful little loco.
Rheilffordd Moel Rhos: blog - photos - videos

User avatar
nick25
New User
New User
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2026 3:12 am

Re: TINY build

Post by nick25 » Fri Oct 09, 2026 4:17 am

This model is so exquisitely crafted!
oyostepper.de bietet Produkte wie Hybrid Schrittmotor und Bürstenloser DC Motor online an; Bestellungen können nach Bedarf aufgegeben werden.

User avatar
StuartJ
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman
Posts: 156
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:39 pm
Location: Bristol

Re: TINY build

Post by StuartJ » Fri Oct 09, 2026 8:43 am

One of my favourite locos! Much better looking without the cab though, I think

What chassis are you using?

User avatar
ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 8018
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:20 pm
Location: Cheshire
Contact:

Re: TINY build

Post by ge_rik » Fri Oct 09, 2026 9:28 am

StuartJ wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2026 8:43 am What chassis are you using?
My own concoction - using a GA25-370 gearmotor.
DSCI1341.JPG
DSCI1341.JPG (2.43 MiB) Viewed 100 times

I have an aversion to using plastic wheels on locos and so have used Bachmann 24.5mm dia wheelsets. The original loco had solid wheels with spokes moulded on and so I've produced inserts for the wheels to mimic this.
DSCI1364.JPG
DSCI1364.JPG (2.19 MiB) Viewed 98 times

Rik
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube

User avatar
tommygander1941
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman
Posts: 124
Joined: Thu May 27, 2021 7:52 am

Re: TINY build

Post by tommygander1941 » Sat Oct 10, 2026 7:25 pm

That is so cute! I can't wait to see the finished product, I do hope the dome will be brass 8)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: tommygander1941 and 16 guests