Page 1 of 1

Ffestiniog colors on coaches

Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:45 pm
by Palmerston
I am currently assembling the first of what will be a rake of Ffr stock to be hauled by Taliesin.

Brandbright 4-wheel FFR coaches, PS9 Quarrymen coach and PS10 brake van for a start

So i am thinking of using Humbrol paint or Revell. Which number (EDIT: or describtion of color) should i use for the FR green as its not described in the instructions of the kit(s)

Image
Image
Image

Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:47 pm
by MDLR
The colours for the coaching stock were LNER Excursion Stock green and cream 'coz the General Manager was an LNER fan. They are available from Precision Paints but not in tinlets. I ought to know - the MDLR uses the same colours!

Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:34 pm
by SillyBilly
But if you're not too fussed I can tell you the humbrol I used ( http://gardenrails.myfreeforum.org/about1041.html ) when I get home tomorrow.

Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:16 am
by Palmerston
Yes, please !

Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:56 pm
by SillyBilly
Humbrol Gloss 3 - Brunswick Green
Humbrol Satin 132