Over the last 18 or so months I have been building a railway (or rather a tramway) in my backyard. The line is approximately 60 meters long (Roughly 2 miles in 16mm scale). The line is laid to 45mm gauge. The line started with the gift of 3 meter long trestle bridge from a friend. The bridge was about 15 years old and had been part of 2 railways before mine. Unfortunately it got squashed by a gum tree
The tramway's fictional history is that it was constructed slowly during WW1 by several local contractors. The line was built to serve a quarry on top of Black Hill. It transports granite from the quarry to a river port in Auravale where the granite is loaded onto barges for further transport. The line also serves the local community of the quarry, bringing general goods and passengers into the area.
The line is still under construction. Currently the remaining tasks include finishing track in the yards and balloon loops; building a shed and landscaping. Hopefully the line will be done before the year is out.
I currently have two locomotives, a handful Accucraft wagons, as well as a bit of European rolling stock.
There's my Roundhouse 'Billy', named George after its former owner. This loco was bequeathed to me by a friend. And there's my yet to be named Fine Line Models 'Alfie'. It's the only one in Australia (and the southern hemisphere!). Unfortunately the weather outside is rotten at the moment so I can't go out and get any photos of the line for you so this is the best I've got. I hope you enjoyed that, I shall post more photos of the line as soon as I can.
Thanks,
Ronan.
*EDIT* fixed the issue with the images sorry about that.



