Tenmille coaches.
-
Matt
Tenmille coaches.
I've been thinking about getting some L&B coach kits from Tenmille, and then building them using bogies from Locomotion. Does anyone know how difficult, or easy, these kits are to make?
-
laalratty
hmmm never delt with a Tenmille kit but I have heared that they are hard, certainly for the beginer. I think i would say wait for the Accucraft ones as well, as I don't think (off the top of my head) there is that much difference in the price, possibly £50 per coach and considering what will be there for the money with the accucraft ones
-
Matt
-
alan2525
I've got a couple of Tenmille Kits, some of the plywood parts were a bit ropey, plus the instructions were non existent. They are rather nice though, sprung chassis too on the ones I bought. The etched parts are really nice, brake detail etc, good white metal castings too.
If built properly they will be much nicer than the equivalent plastic model from Accucraft, personally I prefer wood and metal for the rolling stock.
If built properly they will be much nicer than the equivalent plastic model from Accucraft, personally I prefer wood and metal for the rolling stock.
-
MuzTrem
GRS do L&B coaches, though they are to G-scale rather than 16mm. They are about £100, but personally I wouldn't touch GRS kits with a bargepole. (Or rather: I wouldn't touch GRS kits with a bargepole again...) They are availible RTR but cost about £250, so I still think the Accucraft ones are the best bet!
-
Matt
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 32 guests