Page 1 of 1

Repainting accucraft stock...

Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:41 pm
by paullad1984
Sorry to be a pain with yet anither question but has anyone tried repainting accucraft coaches, i see another issue of the W&L coaches are coming out but im not keen on the green used and was thinking of a nice dark red....

Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:15 am
by cncmodeller
Yes I've done that, but I used cellulose in a spray gun and not an awful spray can to achieve a quality finish. I'm not keen on that green either but I think its accurate and the Campbletown and Machrihanish coaches from the same manufacturer were in the same finish.
John

Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:53 pm
by paullad1984
Accucraft dont do C&M coaches......

Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:29 pm
by cncmodeller
Er... spot on, I said the original livery is accurate, I.e. as painted by Pickerings who built the real coaches for the W&L and also built the C&M's.
John

Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:34 pm
by paullad1984
Yes they did, have both books on the c&m, but the way you wrote it made it seem as if your were talking about accucraft, not pickerings, thanks for the info on painting.