Page 4 of 4

Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:09 pm
by Peter Butler
Finally I have managed to find brass rod the correct diameter to fit the handrail knobs on the loco.
Also the buffers are fitted and the radio control system installed.

Image
Image
This is a heavy locomotive but will run for ages on the rechargeable battery pack. As yet I haven't given it much work to do under load but expect it to perform well.

Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:56 pm
by laalratty
That is looking very good, are you going to paint the handrails, or leave them as they are, or maybe even weather them?

Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:05 pm
by MDLR
laalratty:98105 wrote:That is looking very good, are you going to paint the handrails, or leave them as they are, or maybe even weather them?
If he leaves well alone, they'll go dull anyway.............

Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:10 pm
by Peter Butler
I'm sure you are right, Brian. The brass will certainly dull down naturally which is better than painting or varnishing as that would inevitably scratch and leave shiny marks through.