Page 4 of 4

Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:37 pm
by taliesin001
I'm sure you will! I've been working on mine but haven't properly started revision yet, too busy on a load of art coursework that has to be ready for our final exam the second week after we go back!

Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:36 am
by mhlr
I should have been making my planned MOTY project but it never got further than the chassis/floor. I just can't be a**ed, and doing other projects. Next year, I'll be able to enter 2 projects though (although I'll be in the adult category then :( , so lesser chance of prizes!)

And Mr B, I think your railway's plan to get more passengers with advertising has gone over the top there. I'm surprised the sides aren't covered with DVLR posters etc haha! What happens when you move and you build a new railway? You'll have to still call it the DVLR! :lol:

Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:51 am
by Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Hmm, if Peter Jones can carry the Compton down through his life with him, I am sure I can do likewise with the DVLR!

Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:29 pm
by MDLR
That's looking really quite something!

Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:49 am
by Dr. Bond of the DVLR
The brakes can hold the carriage standing at a 1 in 5 gradient, any more and the wheel just slides over the track!.
One pump of the small hand pump the the brakes are off and the carriage becomes very free rolling.
Once the system is broken or a valve is opened the brakes take 10 seconds or just under to be re applied and the carriage comes to a stand still. They are great fun, I shall put pics up soon as I doubt anyone could replicate them in the 2 days and 22 hours left!

Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:52 am
by MDLR
Mr. Bond of the DVLR wrote:The brakes can hold the carriage standing at a 1 in 5 gradient, any more and the wheel just slides over the track!.
I would say that that was quite adequate!

Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:00 pm
by Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Especially for a railway in suffolk.....

Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:28 pm
by 90733
When you going to post some pics of the braking.? 'Cos i'm curious :D :D :D :D

Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:17 pm
by Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Well, not quite yet, but I can show you the carriage on a not quite 1 in 5 test track!
Image
The teak is looking really lovely and orangey!
Image
My new crest!
Image
And the carriage holding up the break carriage as well! No dodges just fantastic breaks...
Image

Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:35 pm
by taliesin001
Wow, looks great! :D Not long now, just finishing touches!

Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:03 am
by mhlr
Fancy looking coach there Mr B! Still not convinced on the actual 'point' of having working brakes, but still, very nice.

Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:27 pm
by George
wow looking goooood mr bond! :D

Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:34 pm
by MDLR
Don't forget to do an information sheet - for the punters AND the Judge!

Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:52 pm
by Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Oh crumbs I had forgotten... I'll get it done
Well it is VERY NEARLY done!
Image
the exterior now with finished roof!
Image
Blackout material was used for the roof, I had some left over from making my organ - perfect!
Image
This holds the button battery which powers the LED light. It was a hell of a fiddle to solder up.
Image
The lights working, but who's that?
Image
It's Nat Gortag! Should he stay in there for the show? If so I will have to file his bottom down a little so he fits in under the luggage rack.
Just a little weathering to go now and it is finished! I can't help but feel I have forgotten to take a picture of something and put it up here but what.....??

Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:55 pm
by laalratty
Mr. Bond of the DVLR wrote: I can't help but feel I have forgotten to take a picture of something and put it up here but what.....??
Definatly the far end doorknob



:lol:

Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:58 pm
by Dr. Bond of the DVLR
oh yes I soldered those up today out of brass plate and rod. I need to put in the door window leather strap thingys looking at the pictures. But there was something else that everyone wanted to see... can't put my finger on it...

Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:27 pm
by taliesin001
It's gotta be the brakes!

Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:28 pm
by Dr. Bond of the DVLR
oooOOOOOooooh! thats it! OK, ok I'll go and take some pictures! I have been informed that it is probably best not to reveal all of my secrets just yet..... so I shan't be letting on today - sorry. Just allot rides on this and it is a system which could possibly be replicated in a day...

Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:22 am
by taliesin001
Looking forward to the pics later! :D