Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:04 am
When I asked at the big posh stationary shop in the township if they have foamboard they said they didn't and they didn't have clue where to get it from. 'Oh you'll have to go to the city for that,' was what they said.
Soooooo today I was at the local emporium/general store in town buying corrugated cardboard from their arts and crafts section and surprise surprise they had it, lots of it and it was cheap too.
Which means now I can finally get on with some buildings
I needed a tramway station for Kotanga township. Just a small one where folk can buy tickets and wait for the passenger train. Anything built to the old public works designs like that disappeared from the North Island ages ago, but after a search I found one sited in Otago in the South Island, nice and small with a postage stamp of a platform. The original is quite iconic these days so there are a lot of very clear photos from all angles which will help a lot with building a model.

I've done a little mucking about with the photo by the way. The station building may get a small awning yet; - unlike Otago it rains a lot in the Hauraki District!

Something tells me I'm going to know a lot about cutting out weatherboards from card by the time this town gets built.
Soooooo today I was at the local emporium/general store in town buying corrugated cardboard from their arts and crafts section and surprise surprise they had it, lots of it and it was cheap too.
Which means now I can finally get on with some buildings
I needed a tramway station for Kotanga township. Just a small one where folk can buy tickets and wait for the passenger train. Anything built to the old public works designs like that disappeared from the North Island ages ago, but after a search I found one sited in Otago in the South Island, nice and small with a postage stamp of a platform. The original is quite iconic these days so there are a lot of very clear photos from all angles which will help a lot with building a model.

I've done a little mucking about with the photo by the way. The station building may get a small awning yet; - unlike Otago it rains a lot in the Hauraki District!

Something tells me I'm going to know a lot about cutting out weatherboards from card by the time this town gets built.








