the monkhide shucknall and westhide light railway

A place for the discussion of garden railways and any garden style/scale portable and/or indoor layouts
clay45

Post by clay45 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:53 pm

I meant permate

clay45

Post by clay45 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:55 am

I have put up a slam bit of track where hopefully my workshop will be Image

clay45

Post by clay45 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:50 pm

good news last night the stared of my third try of building a carriage :D can you help me with the colure , I am thinging about green because it is gwr around here .and finly there is a possibility that there mite be a railway inside . I will keep you up dated . pics to follow

clay45

Post by clay45 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:30 pm

good news, I am starting to go and rebuild the line and more good news I am thinking about getting hglw battery loco the one with out a cab and now bad news ,on the ends of the mamod track the bit that hold the track together on three on one side they have come clean of , I do not known if it happens in the box , that I have been storing them or if it when I am putting them together and the strain of the wagons :!: :( :)

clay45

Post by clay45 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:50 pm

sorry of not updating but I think that the construction work is on hold :( sorry about the news very one :!: :!:

clay45

Post by clay45 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:00 am

I think the railway will put on hold at lest to Christmas , or even latter :( :( :(

User avatar
Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Retired Director
Retired Director
Posts: 4533
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 pm
Location: Suffolk
Contact:

Post by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:29 am

What has gone wrong?
A delayed railway is better than non on the bright side.
Image
The railway which people forgot
(to build)

User avatar
Sir Clothem Cap
Driver
Driver
Posts: 1708
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:45 pm
Location: Hampshire
Contact:

Post by Sir Clothem Cap » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:33 pm

What rolling stock do you have?

A quick way of joining broken mamod track is a couple of loom bands round each of the sleeper ends to the next piece.

clay45

Post by clay45 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:52 am

I have a mamod log wagon and a mamod wagon with sides on and two or three attempts of plywood or bouserwood of coaches, which mite end up buildings and as well I have mamod loco

clay45

Post by clay45 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:05 pm

what dos everyone think of the hglw , loco the one with out the cab and how's they 4x4 chassis , I am looking for ideas of a battery loco.

Big Jim

Post by Big Jim » Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:21 pm

Nice and simple to build, pulls a fair bit for its size and can be detailed as much or a little as you want.

MDLR

Post by MDLR » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:56 pm

It's a good solid chassis - go for the (slightly) extra 2 axle drive option - it's certainly worth it! My one example does more work then the IP Engineering ones that I have, and has done so without complaint.

clay45

Post by clay45 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:25 pm

update Image sorry about not having the pics , just keeps up with error every time :? good news or bad news my railway will be in a shed for some time , but it is better than a cardboard box :D :!: pics hopefully to come some :?: :?: :?:

User avatar
Chris Cairns
Driver
Driver
Posts: 2372
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:25 pm
Location: Glasgow, Scotland

Post by Chris Cairns » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:53 pm

myfreeforums throws a wobbly every now & then with filenames used in the Attach file facility.

Make sure your file is less than 2 MBs in size, remove all spaces used in the file name and avoid use of punctuation & mathematical symbols.

Chris Cairns

clay45

Post by clay45 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:44 pm

here is a viodo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUK8JcYmK7M hope you like it

MDLR

Post by MDLR » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:56 pm

It's nice to see somebody else who has got LOTS of Mamod curves and no straights!

clay45

Post by clay45 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:38 am

well I do have only 4 straights

kandnwlr

Post by kandnwlr » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:41 am

clay45:106927 wrote:well I do have only  4 straights
Authentically narrow gauge line, I´d say. :)

clay45

Post by clay45 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:09 pm

progress, has happened today...

Gralyn

Post by Gralyn » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:08 pm

clay45:109674 wrote:progress, has happened today...
I am dying to find out What progress has been made!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 47 guests